New vat film ideas

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nc42
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New vat film ideas

Postby nc42 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:57 pm

I think the Carbon3d thread is getting a bit muddled and thought I'd start a thread in a more appropriate place. I was looking at CS hyde and came across Tefzel which is a cousin of the famous Teflon AF data sheet and CS hyde page

Phife

Re: New vat film ideas

Postby Phife » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:59 pm

I was gonna try some Tefzel out, but it is much more elastic and might not tension well, it also doesnt have much of an oxygen permeability. My TPX film should arrive soon, It has a decent permeability but I think it has some haze which might not work out well.

nc42
Site Admin

Re: New vat film ideas

Postby nc42 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:12 pm

I'm interested to see/hear about your TPX as their product sheet has both opaque and transparent with the transparent light transmission rated above glass and below quartz.

I'm getting ready to start building in the nearish future as I'll be back in the states for the first time since July and be able to collect my parts. That coupled with a continuing of work travel to Europe followed by a move to Portugal had me thinking about the things to pick up in the states while I'm there.

While there is a lot to be said for the carbon 3d oxygen permeability deal I think there is still plenty of room to build on materials that have super low release forces that can speed up the more traditional lift/settle methods or allow for larger layer areas