FEP film - Possibly planning a bulk purchase, any takers?

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Anvils hammer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FEP film - Possibly planning a bulk purchase, any takers?

Postby Anvils hammer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:32 pm

Hello everyone.

I am potentially looking to design and test a flex vat, and may purchase 1 square meter of FEP film 0.1mm thick, and 1 Square meter of 0.25mm thick.

I have been quoted approx £100 for this quantity by a company listed in another thread in this forum.

I dont need more than half a square meter of each thickness for my purposes, so to reduce the cost, would anyone be interested in purchasing a quantity of either/both thicknessess?

I would charge the same amount I am paying, plus postage and packaging.

Thanks

Joel

Hugues

Re: FEP film - Possibly planning a bulk purchase, any takers

Postby Hugues » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:31 pm

i'm too lazy to make the calculation but seems 100 pounds is a lot.
I bought mine here, already received it:
http://projectsinterestsandetcetera.com/store/

ok, it's not the same thickness, but you really need that thick ?

Anvils hammer

Re: FEP film - Possibly planning a bulk purchase, any takers

Postby Anvils hammer » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:57 am

Hey,

Thanks for that link!

I guess Im a bit more inclined to trust a large company, as I have no idea what material a given film is made from! But for 17$ for three sheets with shipping, thats worth a try for my initial tests!

Now the hard part of building a precision flex vat, Guess I will have a read through the various threads on the subject again.