PP/Polypropylene/ foil for VAT buttom

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dragokirov
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PP/Polypropylene/ foil for VAT buttom

Postby dragokirov » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Exist a very simple method to use PP foil for VAT bottom but I'm not sure that my English knowledge are enough to explain it. This method work better than FEP or silicon/no necessary of tilt / and is very cheap and accessible .If somebody knows Bulgarian or Russian it will be my pleasure to explain my experience.
Regards!
Drago

Phife

Re: PP/Polypropylene/ foil for VAT buttom

Postby Phife » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:52 pm

I am interested in your method. I do not speak russian though. Can you try to explain anyways? Perhaps pictures?

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:08 am

OK I'll try to explain. The PP foil must be 0.2mm or more, depend of building area. The thermoforming pp sheet is the right choice.
The foil have specific form like this coverImage. this makes it stable and remains distance between the sheet and the bottom of the VAT if already have it. 1mm distance is enough. Now is the secret. After hardening of the resin, the z axis must go in minus for half mm and after this in plus. ;)
Regards!
Drago

vinto

Postby vinto » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:42 am

Can you show me your work on this?
There's no FEP supplier in my area, so i'm looking for alternative solution

danielm

Postby danielm » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:50 am

Drago, could you please publish some testing results for PP foil?
Thnx.

hegykc

Postby hegykc » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:03 am

I will also start testing it in a month or two. This is a foil used for termoforming packaging boxes so it can be bought very cheaply in large quantities like 25kg rolls.

If it's firm enough to hold resin, and flexible enough to peal off the cured layers, it doesn't rally need to be all that "non-sticky" like fep. And it's cheap and readily available.
Not the perfect solution, but a cheap and working one still.

leitnin

Postby leitnin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:16 am

Reviving an old thread only because the title is exactly relevant rather than starting a new one.

Currently printing on 80 micron PP sheets (cut from simple glass clear A5 document protectors)

https://www.amazon.de/Rexel-1300063-Pro ... ds=1300063

So far so good. I don't have direct comparison prints with FEP yet. Should be happening in the next few weeks, but with the Eiffel tower scaled to a 38x38mm footprint base, the internal supports are coming out pretty well even with a less than optimal Acer H6500 setup.

Kyrian

Postby Kyrian » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 pm

@ leitnin : success ??