Lets build an easy to use controller board...

You can discuss various control electronics here. RAMPs, Arduinos, Motor Controller boards & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Protoneer

Lets build an easy to use controller board...

Postby Protoneer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi All...

I designed a little Arduino Shield to make it easier to build CNC projects.

Now I am looking for a new project and I would like to make it easier to build SLA 3D printers. (DPL)

What bits would be critical to have and what bits of electronics would be nice to have?

I am open for suggestions... :D

johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Lets build an easy to use controller board...

Postby johnrpm » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:40 pm

I think that reprap boads are overkill for current dlp printers, and the grbl board for uno is adequate for printers at present, but it would be nice to do away with a PC to display images, but that is a bit more of an ask.

A Z axis is a must
A slide/tilt, some do, some dont
carousel for multi material, maybe
relay for pump, shutter, ultrasonic release ? etc
SD card for Gcode and slice images, if pc not used.
lcd display

sorry, but been so busy that I have not really thought this through, anyone have any thoughts, seems that if someone is willing to do it, its a good chance to get a board specific for sla type printers.
Random Precision

Protoneer

Postby Protoneer » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:13 am

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Some other functions that spring to mind are post processing,
part washing,
uv post cure.
which would probably be relay switched.
Random Precision

Helmi

Postby Helmi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:32 am

I think utilizing a Raspberry Pi should be the right way to go at the moment. It is incredibly cheap, has an HDMI out and some GIO Ports that should be enough for some steppers.

You then would need to have software on it that does the complete printing job so this would need a completely new toolchain. Unfortunately i don't know how to write code but i guess this would be the way to go. This way we would be independet from a PC while printing which is already the way things go with FDM printers.
Frank /

Protoneer

Postby Protoneer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:23 am

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 am

I see a problem with that plan though. There's quite a few builds that are not HD projectors do won't have HDMI. The price difference is substantial between SD and HD, I would think you'd want to keep support for VGA.

Clinton

Protoneer

Postby Protoneer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:13 am

dukas

Postby dukas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:03 pm