Arduino connecting schematics

You can discuss various control electronics here. RAMPs, Arduinos, Motor Controller boards & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Arphyss
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Arduino connecting schematics

Postby Arphyss » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:05 am

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for the creators of this board ! Without them, I'd never waist my time/lose my money/have so much fun to build a 3D printer.

I'm French, so excuse me if my language looks awful or funny.

So, my firt question here will be about the Arduino. I'm totally noob concerning this type of hardware. I read that I have to use a Mega 2560, and install on it a firmware, Splinter or Marlin. It doesn't look easy but I'll try and come back here to cry if I fail. But were can I find some electronical schematics? I have an unusual motor driver (Oriental Motor CSD2109-T, datasheet ) wich seems working as an EasyDriver ; 5V inputs for Pulses, Direction an Enable fonctions.

So, to resume my question : where do I have to connect the wires on a Arduino ?

nc42
Site Admin

Re: Arduino connecting schematics

Postby nc42 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:13 pm

If you use Marlin you can find the pin assignments in the pins.h file https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marli ... lin/pins.h

This file has the pin assignments for all the different types of boards so you need to find the Arduino Mega. Having a quick look I found:

#define Z_STEP_PIN 46
#define Z_DIR_PIN 48

You could double check this by loading the Marlin firmware and check the output of the pins with a multimeter before hooking it up to your drivers.

android78

Postby android78 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Also, for schematic, you could look at the RAMPs schematic. Obviously you don't need all axis implemented:

Arphyss

Postby Arphyss » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:51 am

Thanks a lot nc42, that is exactly what I need !

Taidef1972

Postby Taidef1972 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:01 am

Arphyss

Postby Arphyss » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:56 am

I won't use a RAMP, so the schematics related seem unusable for my project, but thank you for your help by the way.