BeagleBone Black

You can discuss various control electronics here. RAMPs, Arduinos, Motor Controller boards & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brendanjerwin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BeagleBone Black

Postby brendanjerwin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:56 pm

I'm thinking a BBB would be just a wonderful controller for a DLP SLA.
They have on-board hdmi and usb and a 1Ghz processor, so it should be possible to do pretty much all the processing from STL to part on the board.

The PRUs onboard can be used for motion control, and, I think, one can even be used to drive a DVI port, saving the hdmi port for UI.

Anybody here have any experience with DVI at a low level? I think this might be an option.

Finhead

Re: BeagleBone Black

Postby Finhead » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Pretty sure it wont have enough processing power or memory to work as a stand alone. I have a 8 core 2.4gz 32GB mem PC and it wont keep timing timing correctly unless the export to file is used.
If CW is able to use the .cws file for printing in the future releases is might be a option to print from a file sliced on your PC and transferred to your BBB.

brendanjerwin

Postby brendanjerwin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Yeah, I would imagine it would process the whole job, export it to file(s) and send each slice to the projector as needed.

Even if the slicing was done on a workstation, having the BBB run the whole printer seems attainable.

If the idea of running the DVI from the PRU fails then the onboard hdmi should still be practical.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:33 pm

Except if your running 1080P, the BBB wont do full HD resolution through the HDMI at least that is what the specs say.

I just have my old laptop running my printer didn't cost me anything, but would be cheaper going with a BBB if you had nothing to start with.