Kobo Arc 10.1

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hatter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Kobo Arc 10.1

Postby Hatter » Mon May 04, 2015 11:44 am

The resolution is 2560 x 1600, which provides a pixel size of 85nm, and given that the cost is under 200$, I think that this might be a tempting basis for an sla printer.

Has anyone built an sla printer from an android tablet? Or would I need to connect the screen to a Raspberi Pi?

android78

Re: Kobo Arc 10.1

Postby android78 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:42 pm

I suggest reviewing the discussions on the LCD based SLA:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=84&start=210
Also the iPad screen:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2113

It's not so simple to use an LCD screen for SLA.

Hatter

Re: Kobo Arc 10.1

Postby Hatter » Wed May 06, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks, I was thinking of using a blue light curable resin, to help reduce the challenges. I know how much easier projectors can be, and that there are a lot of benefits.