UV-LCD pico projector

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nicanor76
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

UV-LCD pico projector

Postby nicanor76 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:44 am

http://keynotephotonics.3dcartstores.co ... _p_48.html
I just came across this guy, "replaces the Blue LED source to between 385 nm and 405 nm LED" and up to 100 lumens.

orangezero

Re: UV-LCD pico projector

Postby orangezero » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:15 pm

It seems to be a problem of scale. I found a few of those but nothing under $1000, which means it is quite a bit cheaper to purchase a 1080p dlp projector and rip it apart as needed.

Does 0.3 mean the dlp chip is 0.3inches? They mention degradation of the chip due to lower wavelengths of energy. I wonder if a larger dlp chip (0.7 or 0.9) would better handle the heat produced?

I also wonder how long the typical dlp chip lasts while using ~400nm light.

Cation

Re: UV-LCD pico projector

Postby Cation » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:29 pm

There is no need to replace the blue led with a UV led. Just use resins made to cure with blue light.
For example: http://bucktownpolymers.com/zve200-v470.html
They make hundreds of formulas that cure with blue light.