Controlling projector

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kakapoopie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Controlling projector

Postby kakapoopie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:23 am

Hi guys, I have an Acer H6510BD projector that I'm trying to turn on/off using CW. I have an RS232 to USB cable, baud rate at 9600 and # of bits at 8
It says "Display driver not connected" when I try to send commands and nothing happens.

Hex code should be 10C8E11E to turn on according to the manual. Does anyone have tips on how to get this working?

Thanks,
Vaughan

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Controlling projector

Postby PacManFan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:58 am

What version of CW are you using? It sounds like you're setting everything up correctly. You need to make sure that you're using a null modem gender changer with the projector. If it's saying 'display driver not connected', be sure that you've clicked 'Apply' after making changes. It sounds like the port isn't being opened. The serial port for the display gets opened right after the main Arduino port is opened.
-Steve

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 pm

I'm using the latest v .29
I'm hitting apply. The arduino port is com6

projector port is only showing com6 for some reason(tried hitting refresh, restarting cw, unplugging and plugging back). I've tried different USB spots, even swapping the projector to where the arduino used to be and still no luck.
Here's the USB to RS232 I got

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:48 pm