EKB

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

EKB

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:19 am

Anybody order from here: ? It looks like they sell Pico-projectors and accessories specifically designed for DLP/SLA applications. Prices aren't too bad either.

-Steve

Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EKB

Postby Kvirre » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Well spotted, this is extremely interesting since I am really looking in to buying a pico-proj with UV LED.
I'm not equally exited about the prices now once I looked through the options again.
(since I am looking for a cheap solution)

I did however talk to luminus about their product (not yet released)
http://www.luminus.com/products/CBT-39-UV.html

To see if it would be interchangeable with the RGB-leds (sitting in many existing projectors out there)
http://www.luminus.com/products/PT-39.html

I will get some early samples to try out.

adambx

Postby adambx » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm

EdifiedModifier

Postby EdifiedModifier » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:42 am

Hi
We used EKB'S UV LED Projector. Its is 3W , 405nm UV and 1280x800 resolution. It is very handy and portable. It comes with SDK. We can control the UV Intensity from 0 to 255. We are using intensity at 25 for 5 seconds, for SpotA GP resin. It is very silent, very cool. We can adjust the image size very easily. Only problem we are facing is the focus which is not as sharp as we expected and focus is not uniform . Hence the quality of the build model is lower when compared with commercial DLP 3D Printers like EnvisionTEC and RapidShape.

Thanks
Edified

hp_

Postby hp_ » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:31 pm

hi,

we also bought a EKB, but didn't receive any software yet to adjust UV intensity. we have tried to cure makerjuice subg+ and 3d materials, after exposing makerjuice with 30seconds, but it didn't cure.. thank you for giving a tip to increase UV intensity.

will have to ask EKB for some support.

We also heard of a new addition to the lightengine. EKB will add a 385nm UV LEd next to the 405nm UV LED.

cheers,
hp

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:37 pm

One thing I noticed on the EKB website is that they say the warranty is voided if you use the 385 or 405nm Leds.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:50 pm

I actually got a good deal from AAXA

Where I will get a UV projector based on their P300 platform.
Same as retail price $419

Apparently I will get one from a smaller batch they make for another costumer.
I was told it would be done in a month or so.

Felt more reasonable to buy an already prepared projector and saving me the trouble of tampering with it my self.
Not saying that I was promised any warranty from this batch.

Let's see what will come from this.

Still happy that some projector-makers are opening their eyes to an oncoming market and opportunity.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:33 am

Hi Kvirre,

whoow that sounds like a really good deal.
did AAXA mention any spec with regards to the UV source?
light output or what kind of UV LED they are using?

cheers,
hp

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:23 am

Hi HP,

I have not been told yet, but I hope to get some more info as the get closer to release.
They seem to be working out some issues still :

"We’re building a small production run for a specific customer based on our P300 platform. Because UV is harmful to some of the plastic lenses in our current optical engines, the engine will not be directly interchangeable but will be very close in form factor."

IF / once I get one I will post the specifics.

BTW.
What diod (wavelength) would be preferred for curing most resin's?
I ordered SUBG+ as I am waiting for the projector still.

Cheers

hp_

Postby hp_ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:37 am

Hi Kvirre,

the range that i hear the resins work are between 375nm and 405nm, where absorption on the light is the best between 375 and 390-ish..

hp