LC 4500 - UV projector

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AnishBall
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LC 4500 - UV projector

Postby AnishBall » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:09 am

Dear all,

I am working on a 3D printer which was self designed and built for the reasons to validate multi material printing using DLP projector - LC 4500-UV (works at 405 nm wavelength UV light at an output power of 2W) from Keynote Photonics. Currently I am using a GUI from Keynote Photonics designed for the projector to project images and Universal Gcode Sender (hence works on GRBL firmware) to communicate with the stepper motors(one for the Z axis and one for the X axis to control the linear vat array) in providing the necessary translations as per the GCode file as obtained from Creation Workshop ( my slicer).

I am using flexvats with FEP films (100 microns thick) and a perforated aluminium build plate and the layers are attaching to the build plate well. The resins I have tested are Spot A resins (SPot LV and Spot GP)

But I am having a lot of issues to get models 3D printed. I have tried printing a cube, cylinder and even other models such as the eiffel tower or the rook. The main issue I see is that there is a whole lot of warpage and curling around the edges making the prints a nightmare!

My question is has someone worked with the similar projector. If so I would like to know what resin did they use and what exposure settings they used to succeed in their models.

I hope I get some help out here because there is almost no related work I could find with LC 4500 used for 3d printing applications. I have been following up this community for a while now and it definitely seems that there is a lot of experience with resin type printers. At the moment I am doubting to find whether the projector can be used for 3D printing at all.

Thank you all in advance and have a great day ahead

Kind Regards

Anish

radi2k

Re: LC 4500 - UV projector

Postby radi2k » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:10 am

Hi Anish,

I'm also using the LC4500 (from Wintech Digital). Works like a charm and gives pretty good results.

My experience is that exposing resin too fast increases the chances of curling and heavy shrinkage. For some resins (FunToDo) I reduced the LED current (thus brightness) down to around 60% and expose a little bit longer. This improved the overall performance.

Exposure for 50µm layers is around 300 milliseconds with FunToDo AshGray.
Only go with the pattern mode, disable gamma correction and use a proper compensation mask for unevenness of the optics.

Yours Sincerely,
radi2k

AnishBall

Postby AnishBall » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:25 am

Hi radi2k,

Thanks for your input. I will try out your recommendations. Just one question though, do you also use 8 bit in the Pattern sequence or 1 bit? (for the sliced images)

Kind Regards
Anish

radi2k

Postby radi2k » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:44 am

Hi Anish,

I use 8bit in the pattern mode.

Regards,
radi2k