please help me troubleshoot this print

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bananapunk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

please help me troubleshoot this print

Postby bananapunk » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:34 pm

hey guys, please help me troubleshoot my dlp print. I'm printing using kudo3d titan 1, at 38 xy, 30z and I'm running into a weird issue. The side of my print facing the build platform comes out way worse than the side facing the vat. To be sure I reoriented my part upside down, and sure enough, the side facing the vat came out stellar and sharp. The side facing the build platform is all velvety or melted. Any ideas? I'm printing in spot ht with pigment (forgot how much), 5 sec cure time. Tried exposures from 2.5 to 10 sec, same results. My part is on supports tilted and starts about 1.5 cm away from the build platform.

C3DC

Re: please help me troubleshoot this print

Postby C3DC » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:04 pm

It could be related to the supports. Whats your specs on the support generating? Size and spacing?

cooly

Re: please help me troubleshoot this print

Postby cooly » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:14 pm

I guess the exposure time is still insufficient to fully cure the down-facing layers. Did you try longer exposure time than 10 sec? Sometimes the pigment can be concentrated and the resin needs additional exposure times.