Just starting 3D printing , need help.

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jonman_t
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just starting 3D printing , need help.

Postby jonman_t » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi everyone , This is my first post. I would like to get into this hobby. I don't want to waste my money so I am doing research and asking for opinions.

I am thinking of starting off with the following:

Acer h6410bd <800$ CAD
https://www.amazon.ca/Acer-H6510BD-Thea ... B00B97ZKIA

LittleRP 800$ CAD
http://littlerp.bigcartel.com/product/l ... th-flexvat

Atlas 3d Scanner <300$ CAD
http://store.murobo.com/atlas-3d-kit/

I have read a lot of reviews on these products , some were conflicting. I am looking for high quality / bang for buck. I would like high quality prints and I don't mind building stuff myself. I am technologically savy but inexperienced. I do realize that most of my time will be spent calibrating. That's a non-issue for me. I want to know if this is worth my time and money. I would like my end product(prints) to look nice and high detailed.

If I am missing anything , please let me know. Any resin suggestions?

Also , if you have any other product you think would be better for what I am looking for , feel free to suggest. I can look up reviews and youtube videos.

Thanks everyone.

hp_

Re: Just starting 3D printing , need help.

Postby hp_ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi johnman_t

the acer projector is really great but some feedback i hear that the whole projected plain is not equal brightness.
the bigger you want to print this more important this part is

henderson

Postby henderson » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:51 am

i'm afraid that all the projector will not have equal brightness. One side will brighter than other side 15-20% even more.
Projector only decide 30% whetther you printing quality. You can go with acer or viewsonic. Some of viewsonic doesn't need to mod anyway.

DaveOb2

Postby DaveOb2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:22 am

I am just starting my research can I ask what you intend to produce with this printing? I want to use it for jewellery models so does this hardware provide me with a suitable resolution? Or do I need better?

Also where did you get you best research
Thanks
Dave