Spam: got questions

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hugues
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Spam: got questions

Postby Hugues » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:22 am

There is a lot of spam on our forum. Don't want to say it's an easy problem to manage.

Is there a setting to put a limit on the number of posts a new user can create per day ? Would set it at one per day.

Or a technical question about DLP when a new user registers ?

EdgE

Re: Spam: got questions

Postby EdgE » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:55 am

I agree, too much spam here... :(
Another option, could their be a button for all of us, to indicate something is spam.
With 3 or more hits, this post could then be invisible and removed by a moderator when necessary?

sitzme

Postby sitzme » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:02 am

There are a few of us who can delete the spam posts and/or accounts. Please ignore the spam until we can delete them. This is a volunteer effort in part, so we are not checking on a rigid schedule. In the mean time, I hope that you enjoy the printing content as much as I do.

Hugues

Postby Hugues » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:04 pm

shahin

Postby shahin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:20 pm

Attachments
forum.png

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:50 am

I've been using the "Report Post" button when I see the spam pop up- does that help you guys find it?

James

Postby James » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:04 pm

That's great advice Hugues. Is this the French Hugues on the Google Groups CubeX forum?

I guess Steve is on a code creating binge. Hopefully when he gets back he'll see your suggestions and implement what he can.

Most of the spam looks to me to be fake. Fake as in created by one of the other forum hosting sites to draw people to their services.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

Hugues

Postby Hugues » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:17 am

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Unfortunately all of the suggested solutions are currently in use...

Flood control is time based

It's quite a pain for everyone involved.