Build a New Laser SLA

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
svalius
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Build a New Laser SLA

Postby svalius » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi,

after having built a FFF 3d printer that is 900mm x 900mm x 400mm long (a.k.a. The Beast), I am going to make another 3d printer on SLA.

I've been through the various topics in the forum. I made a couple of design decisions partially due to curiosity, partially thinking of innovation.

I am planning for a 400mm x 400mm x 400mm print area, bottom-up, with a 405nm laser at 200mW, focused on the printing surface. Motion will be based on XYZ motors and the beam will be shot from one side of the printer, reflected upwards and then through a focus lens on the resin.

I am wondering if I can use glass for the vat, I've seen the posting about the wavelength absorption of glass. I will try 1mm thickness on the bottom and 2-3mm one the sides. The build platform will be based on aluminum, 1mm thickness and I will drill a few holes in a pattern for shrinkage.

Anyone ever tried building something similar? Any constraints or issues I might fall into?

If you think this design is interesting please let me know, and I will share with you the progress.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Build a New Laser SLA

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:59 pm

svalius

Postby svalius » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:00 pm

Going there now

svalius

Postby svalius » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:33 pm

A lot of similarities, some questions answered, many thanks for the advise, I appreciate it !!!