Servo...reduce noise

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zoom

Servo...reduce noise

Postby zoom » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Hy,
Today i have installed an SG90 servo as shutter on my ramps 1.4.
Everything is ok, when i send M280 command from CW the servo close or open the shutter.
The problem is that when z axis start to move, the servo start to vibrate. When z axis finish to move, servo stop to vibrate.
I have connected the servo on " servo pins"; i have also inserted a jumper between 5v and vcc on the pins near Ps_on to give power to the servo.

Any idea?
Francesco

sodium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Servo...reduce noise

Postby sodium » Mon May 04, 2015 3:15 pm

i have the same problem, even with a external 5v.

Phife

Postby Phife » Mon May 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Its caused by noise from the stepper motors, Try moving the servo wires and stepper wires farther apart from each other, or used shielded cable for your servo.

dangre

Postby dangre » Mon May 04, 2015 4:31 pm

I'm not an arduino expert and have not looked into the servo code that outputs the pulse stream but it seems to not be very robust (I'm an old pic guy). Adding a digital servo helped a ton for me along with separate power supply and filtering. Always good to route wires away from noisy steppers. But I still get slight jittering during G00 moves.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

android78

Postby android78 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:22 pm

If the servo wires are very long, you could try adding a capacitor at the servo end to help smooth out some of the noise.

Yogi2010

Postby Yogi2010 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:36 pm