Carbon 3D

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
crusoe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Carbon 3D

Postby crusoe » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:09 pm

But how is this an issue if the surface is always below the resin and thus wet?

I mean if large flat areas might cure all the way to the top of the liquid resin, then you have a problem.

hegykc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hegykc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:35 pm

I guess that's where the low print quality comes from. The "always wet" surface in top-down is flexing when the build plate goes down, maybe even "releases on occasion", so that the "deadzone" is not always the same thickness, and the projection plane is not always on the same level.

gizmo3dprinters

Postby gizmo3dprinters » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:59 pm

gizmo3dprinters

Postby gizmo3dprinters » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:01 pm

gizmo3dprinters

Postby gizmo3dprinters » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:05 pm

hegykc

Postby hegykc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Add a mini vibrating motor to the side of your tank. That will make the top layer smooth out much faster.

anthony.julu

Postby anthony.julu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:26 am

@gizmo3dprinters:
Can you print 30-40 microns at Z with exactly the same method that you used in your video? You've shown that you can do 50, I'm sure people here are wondering if your system can do even better.

gizmo3dprinters

Postby gizmo3dprinters » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:32 am

Sure, the 20mm 5 mm pitch ballscrew and the DRV8825 drivers set to 32 steps (https://www.pololu.com/category/154/drv ... gh-current) should give you what ever Z you want.

The calculation is from here
http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,259656
1.8 degree motor divided by 360 = 200 steps per revolution. 200*32 (micro stepping) = 6400 micro steps per revolution. 6400/ball screw pitch of 5 = 1280 steps per MM.

The code can slice down to what ever you want, it will just take more memory. At the moment it slices on demand. So you can "quickly" go from the 3D world to the review manager and then calibration and print.

My old (probably +5 years) i3 laptop with 8GB memory doesn't have enough memory to put 6 skulls on the build plate, because the STL files are 20MB each. 8GB memory will currently allow you around 40MB or 50MB STL file if I remember correctly. I haven't spent much time on seeing what I can do about the memory. Been focussed on getting the app to work and the printer to print.

When I place my orders next it will take 2 months for the parts to get to me. So in that time I can spend time on the things I want to finish. I want to finish the Toyota engine, print an RC car, print a quad copter. When I get the beta parts I will have the wide vat that will allow me a print area of 400mm x 200mm so then I can print things like the Iron man helmet and some other cool big stuff. Maybe even that full Batman suit.

My beta tester in Sydney will focus on printing small detailed things. He makes really professional videos and takes great photos. We will probably not see any photos or videos of the engineering company in NZ. They have a rapid prototyping shop with a bunch of FDM machines and they are looking at adding SLA or DLP machines so I am sending a machine to them with everything in it. Then 2 machines with some of the addons will go to guys in the USA. I have 2 guys so far that I believe are important and I will hopefully get more testers pop up as time goes by. Really want Tested.com to have a look at the printer and also Adafruit. Tested.com ignored my first mail, but maybe they will listen to me now.

I use a Sanguinololu board running a modified Marlin. The modification is for the wiper and for the leveling electronics and ofcourse the ballscrew. All software and code will be available on the site when I launch. The hardware probably not. I already had a couple e-mails from Chinese and Indian companies looking at buying my printer to get into the beta. I wonder why .....

At the moment I am focussing on getting a high detail ring printed using the continues method. When I get that working I will post a video and we will take some photos for you. Actually tried it at 1 micron to see how it looked and I couldn't see a difference with a magnifying glass between the 1 micron and 10 micron and even 30 micron. We will see how it looks with the camera of my wife. I don't have a microscope to see the difference between the layers.

TERRISGR

Postby TERRISGR » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:03 pm

This film used in microbiology is highly permable to oxygen very economic and looks very promising.

http://www.thomassci.com/Supplies/Plate ... 0Permeable

http://www.mpbio.com/product.php?pid=0976402

And From Food Packaging

Low Density Polyethylene: An extremely versatile material with low water vapour permeability but high gas permeability
http://www.versaperm.com/applications/snacks.php

crusoe

Postby crusoe » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Not high enough. What they call high is less < 1 barrer.

TPX has higher gas perm than PolyEthylene, and TPX is still WAAAAY lower than Teflon AF. About 1 barrer.