Print problem

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Spooku
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Print problem

Postby Spooku » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:21 am

Hi guys,

Congratulations for the great job you are doing here.
so, my problem is that on every print after 10 mm the z axis stops to rize, the print wont get bigger than 10 mm. the z axis will still do all the movements necessary to print but will not get bigger than 10 mm. any suggestions?
the print goes flawless, for the tests that i did till now, until reaches ~10mm, after that it won't grow,

i use megatronics v3, a top down setup, benq mp610, and a trapezoidal screw with 3mm pitch. and i use CW_Main_1.0.0.54

i will came back with photos.

Zenon

Re: Print problem

Postby Zenon » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:42 am

What firmware are you using?

Sounds to me like your firmware is set to max z-height of 10mm, so it won't let you get beyond that. In Marlin that be the Z_MAX_POS setting in Configuration.h . Sounds like that is set to 10 for you.

Spooku

Postby Spooku » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:54 am

I use Marlin,
i will check it out.

Spooku

Postby Spooku » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:12 am

so... i checked and is like this:
#define Z_MAX_POS 200
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
and the prints look like this if are tall then 10 mm
first print was meant to be a cylinder, but...

2015-03-09 08.48.26.jpg

20150309_085636.jpg

20150309_085325.jpg

Zenon

Postby Zenon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:40 am

Did you check that the Configure > Configure Machine > Build Size > Z Setting is correct in CW?

Can you go the full 20cm manually (by pressing the Z axis controls in CW) ?

Spooku

Postby Spooku » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:44 am

from control cw z axis goes full 200mm. i change it to 400, and stil its limited to 10mm.
how can i change from CW relative positioning to absolute:

;********** Lift Sequence ********
<DELAY> 1000
G1 Z($ZLiftDist * $ZDir) F$ZLiftRate
G1 Z(($LayerThickness-$ZLiftDist) * $ZDir) F$ZRetractRate

;<Delay> %d$BlankTime
;********** Lift Sequence **********

btw thanks for the help

Zenon

Postby Zenon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:21 am

That the z axis goes the full way when manually controlling it indicates that there doesn't seem to be a firmware problem (since the firmware will keep you from going over the limits otherwise). Is the distance travelled accurate as well? As in, if you move it 10mm, does it actually move 10mm?

You can change to absolute positioning by chaning the

G91 ;Relative Positioning

line to

G90 ;Absolute Positioning

in the Start g-code.

Not sure if that'll help you, though.

Did you home the z-axis before printing?

The gcode for homing would be G28 Z or press the home button in CW.

Other than that I'm not entirely sure what your problem could be, I never had a similar problem before.

Spooku

Postby Spooku » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:45 am

Update:

after i followed every command sent by CW to board, i observed that CW sent G1 Z5, to lift, and after that G1 Z -4.5, to set the height for the new slice, the build platform came in the same position like it was sending G1 Z-5. after more tinkering and reuploaded the firmware 3 time with no changes made, it seems to work, for now... any idea?