Ilios Ray

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ilios Ray

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Some very interesting design features on this device. I really like the lift/peel mechanism, the color mixing, and the low-profile design. I wrote a custom version of CW for DMitri at Ilios, I had no idea he was working on this.

Phife
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ilios Ray

Postby Phife » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:06 pm

That looks awesome, I really like the Laser scanline idea. Seems like it could make lasers quicker again. Nice build volume and some very high tech involved in the vat and build platform. Looks like its all in CAD, I wonder if he has a working prototype yet? Also looks expensive and I think the color mixing while cool, might not be so useful.

I think the Helios from Orange Maker uses a Laser scanline as well, but turns the build platform instead of moving the laser line.

Glacian22

Postby Glacian22 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:59 am

Huh, a lot of cool things packed into that printer! I'd love to see how it actually operates, since it's so mechanically different from other SLA machines.

Ilios3D

Postby Ilios3D » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi everyone. Noticed someone was talking about Ilios Ray so i couldn't resist :)

Tnx for your positive feedback about the machine. The color mixing isn't as much for the color as it is for the properties each color gives to the resin and the final result. A Red pigment can be used for high detail and something like black or white for other results. Additionally don't forget that those tanks are just called "Color Tanks" but in reality they can be filled with anything like different resin, more PI mixture or other chemicals to mix in laboratory and controlled environment. I especially took extra care of this feature since there are Bio Engineers which asked for the ability to mix the resin with other compositions automatically and control the outcome, hence the Peristaltic pumps inside the printer.

The idea behind the collapsible mechanism isn't just for the slim design as it provides additional stability to the Lift and additional accuracy since through gearing the accuracy is divided into even smaller fractions for each motor step (in reality the Ilios Ray uses Servo Motors so technically for each encoder pulse) which makes it as accurate as 1micron although i don't state it in the specifications since having a 1 micron resolution is pointless. After 12 microns for each layer the surface is smooth and you need a microscope to actually make out any layers.

As always, if anyone has any questions, feel free to post them in the Ilios Forum since although i try to check any discussions about my creations in other places, i can't cover all the internet :)

pizzaslice

Postby pizzaslice » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:58 am

I don't believe the machine exists. I haven't seen product videos or images. It absurd you can already order and pay for this unproven machine. I guess the Ilios Ray is more about fraud than technology.
Last edited by pizzaslice on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ilios3D

Postby Ilios3D » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:10 pm

pizzaslice's real name is , currently working on a machine called (the machine can be seen in the 3rd picture in the article.

Unfortunately Rik got frustrated because after asking me how Ilios Ray works i had the audacity not to answer his question, being a completely friendly competitor who as he claimed "invested 1 million dollars" in the machine.

The last message received from Rik was:

If you can't show facts for your printer, I will publicly put your claims in doubt via all the relevant forums; 3Ders.org, buildyourownsla.com, facebook etc.

I am sorry Rik that i am unable to show you what you want, however based on your disrespectful comment about the country in which i live, i am honestly relieved since it shows the kind of a person you are. Seems hard to believe that someone would actually invest in a person such as yourself to do anything, lacking the basic respect of a competitor engineer or a human being in general.

As i mentioned before, i do apologize guys but i really can't keep track of all the places where Ilios is mentioned since i do everything my self, including design, programming, metal work, PCB design, soldering, marketing, shipping, purchasing and even feeding the dog, so if you have any questions, please post them in the Ilios Forum which i monitor constantly or send me an E-mail.

As i mentioned to Rick, when i get to it, i shall post Ilios Ray pictures and other media on the website for everyone to see.
Building Open Innovation -

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:04 am

Hi Ilios3D,

developing and designing takes time and effort, most of us on the forum know this.

by the picture alone I must say it already looks stunning. Keep up the good work and don't loose your motivation and high spirit!

cheers,
hp

pizzaslice

Postby pizzaslice » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:22 am

Dear Ilios Ray,

I will redact my Cyprus comment "Company is from Cyprus, typical". I agree it was a bit too much. I do appreciate the work of talented engineers. From the website, your previous work, I do get the feeling you are talented.
You did however, claim on Facebook, 3Ders etc. that you have a very revolutionary printer and put it for sale for 11965,00 € on your website.
I tried buying it and asked you questions on its performance.
Still, you can not make up for the claims you have stated. I see a box, that is it.
Not a printer, with a feature size of 22 microns, repeat accuracy of 10 microns, build volume 297 x 211 x 300 mm, layer thickness 6-100 microns and multi material printing capabilities; http://www.ilios3d.com/en/shop/shop-3d- ... ter-detail .
The images on your website are renders.

As a result, I have put your claims publicly in doubt.

My name is Rik Starmans. I hope you can proof your claims in the near future.
If your angry or disappointed about my comments, I hope you can turn that into positive energy and will make sure you can prove your claims in the near future.

Ilios3D

Postby Ilios3D » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:39 am

No Rick, i am not angry at all. In fact it is amusing how hard you are trying to put your own reputation on the line as well as the TNO organization which you represent every time you post something on the web. You can monitor the Facebook page where i post my work. I show the machine up close there so if you want proof, i guess you can head there.

I won't comment on the whole "Putting my work in public doubt" as that is something a professional wouldn't do under any circumstances unless the person is 10 years old.

I recommend you channel all of the energy you are using against me on your work. Perhaps then you won't be so intimidated of one guy in his garage who developed something you didn't think of under a shoestring budget.
Building Open Innovation -

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Keep it friendly guys. We're all on the same side here...