Hardware and Firmware setup

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hardware and Firmware setup

Postby PacManFan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:36 pm

peerless
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby peerless » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:00 am

orangezero

Postby orangezero » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:53 am

I purchased a azteeg x5 mini a few months back, which is another version of the smoothieboard. It is super simple to make changes to the firmware, as you simply have to edit a text file and hit the reset button. I've only used it on a reprap style 3d printer, but it is a bit easier to update compared to my older printrboard. I bet it would work just fine, although some of its strengths may not be necessary (1/32nd microstepping for example).

That said, I'm probably going to get an arduino/ramps combo for my eventual sla printer build almost solely for cost reasons. If I was helping a friend I might just have him get the smoothieboard if he didn't care to learn about the arduino stuff at all.

massimilianos

Postby massimilianos » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi Guys,
Please help me for my 3D DLP project.

I have an Arduino Mega 2560 board, a 17HS4401N stepper motor and this stepper driver:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10267

I have installed the http://reprap.org/wiki/Sprinter firmware in my Arduino Mega.

I configured the "Configuration.h" file with MOTHERBOARD type 3 and the other options in default mode.

I have lauched CreationWorkshop but after creating a slicers no movement in my Z axis.

Where did I made mistake?

Below the video...

http://youtu.be/uQJnwyQldTA

Thanks in advance.

Matze

Postby Matze » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm

At a quick glace, I think it should be Motherboard 33 if I recall correctly. Also check the endstop settings. Disable the software endstops for testing.

peerless

Postby peerless » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:01 am

Hello guys,

any recommendations on which firmware to use when doing a DLP printer based on Mega2560/Ramps1.4/CW?

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:51 pm

My go-to is Marlin.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:32 am

Thanks.

I´ve used Sprinter with just adaption of the stepper parameters and after plugging in the right endstop Creation Workshop is finally working :D

mahadev

Postby mahadev » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:33 am