Heated Resin

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Heated Resin

Postby Kvirre » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:15 am

Hi,

I just bought some SubG+ for my top-down printer.
Since I am not using a wiper or other contraption I worry about surface tension to mess up my prints.

I was thinking of heating the resin, but then there is the question : what temperature would be right?

At first I thought viscosity was correlated to surface tension, but apparently not
http://www.cscscientific.com/csc-cienti ... -Viscosity

Has anyone tried this, and does it make any difference?

gmoneyphx

Re: Heated Resin

Postby gmoneyphx » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:45 pm

My vat is heated. I did it more for control than viscosity problems. I run it at 100F all the time.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:25 am

gmoneyphx

Postby gmoneyphx » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:10 pm

To eliminate the effect of changing resin properties due to temperature.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:41 pm

gmoneyphx,

interesting,
can you share more information on this topic.
different material properties based on temperature.

Cheers,
hp

gmoneyphx

Postby gmoneyphx » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Nothing terribly interesting to report. I have this in the garage so the temperature variation can be a bit extreme. I didn't want to work out a perfect sequence and then have a 20 degree difference in temperature screw it up. And in my case (top down) the lower the viscosity the better so I picked 100 degrees as the standard. I ran 120 for a time also with no ill effects.

I was not trying to fix a problem related to viscosity with this higher temperature - just maintain a standard.