where to buy FEP in Europe

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
eemece2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

where to buy FEP in Europe

Postby eemece2 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:55 am

New to the forum. Greetings to everyone!

I'm collecting materials and info to build my own DLP printer :D , and I want to try different VATs.
Anyone knows where to buy FEP film in Europe (or may bee china by ebay or aliexpress)?,

I know, thanks to this forum () the kastilo.de web (I'm waiting for an ofer. They don't have online store).
Is there another place to buy FEP film?
(on rs-online.com is too expensive: aprox. 53€ /5 uds., and 0.076mm max thickness).

I'm also interested on buying and trying TPX® Polymethylpentene Film (Same doubts as above for this product).

Thank you very much,
Edu

Kilh

Re: where to buy FEP in Europe

Postby Kilh » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:27 am

I'll probably try the one from Reichelt (german shop)
http://en.rct-online.de/detail/index/sArticle/13611

eemece2

Postby eemece2 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:10 am

Hello Kilh,
Thanks for the info.
What thickness will you try? 0.05mm?
There is a big difference between the 0.05mm and 0.25mm.
Maybe 0.05mm is good for use it over a glass/plastic, and 0.25mm is good for use it alone (tensioned)?

hp_

Postby hp_ » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:16 am

At 2engineers.com i know we will also start selling FEP film, non adhesive
cheers,
hp

Kilh

Postby Kilh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Edu,
my plan so far is using the thicker one and tensioning it. Actually there seem to be several sources for FEP film in Germany so I'll look into the other options (and prices) first.

eemece2

Postby eemece2 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:49 am

Excited4DLP

Postby Excited4DLP » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Same question but for Canada. Does anyone know of a seller on ebay that sells this FEP film stuff?

DoctorProfessorGuy

Postby DoctorProfessorGuy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm from Canada and I'm in the same boat. If you look on eBay for FEP film or Teflon or anything similar it's mostly baking supplies or film with styles or holes hut into it, which is kin of useless. If Teflon film would work and if it doesn't need to be 100% transparent there are these two sellers: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271666356229 & http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151489672257. Also this guy; http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEFZEL-TRANSPARE ... 35e0bc3aeb, but the price is a bit much. Would Qsil work instead? I'm looking into that and Muve3D has it fairly cheap.

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Greetings;

It is not a joke,that the packing tapes are not bad at all, The sealing tape works well with the solid base VATS, I simply filter the resin for some buildup that occurs at the base by the ambient light passing through the mask, and replace the tape for each new run.

Regards
Saeed
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 9.14.43 AM.png

fepshop

Postby fepshop » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:27 am

Maybe a bit late but at you can get custom sized FEP Films.