LaserShark what i have got working.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
danielm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LaserShark what i have got working.

Postby danielm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:20 am

How is it going? :)

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PacManFan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:14 am

Lasershark is going well, I'll get together a build for you with some instructions soon.
-S

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:31 am

That would be nice then i can testing also :D

OrsonY

Postby OrsonY » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 am

Any luck to see the plug in and the building instruction yet ?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Awesome! I'm ready to start testing at anytime. I've modified my setup to swap out the DLP with the laser scan unit for a quick conversion. Look forward to helping out in anyway! Bill

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Here's a link for the 1st test version of the lasershark plugin. This is a debug build. You're going to need to plugin and power on your lasershark galvo system and your Ramps board. Go to the machine configuration and you'll see a special display has been set up called 'LASERSHARK', this is how I send images to the lasershark board. Set up the correct port for the RAMPs board and click apply. When you click connect, you should see that the lasershark board is connected in the debug window.

Setup a slicing profile as normal, I haven't messed around trying to customize the GCode yet, but I think it'll be fine.

Go ahead and load and slice a model, then on the slice view screen, click the checkbox in the lower left to preview the image on the laser display. The lasershark board should start humming out the image and will tell you how many samples are sent when it's done. I currently have this setup to be 512x512 instead of the full resolution. You can experiment with other resolutions by modifying the machine XML file directly.

Please post a video or some picture results. Unfortunately, my galvo system has a broken mirror, and I don't have the laser TTL driver setup, but from what I can tell it appears to be scanning correctly. I'm going to need your help to test and debug this all if you don't mind.
Thanks!
-Steve

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Hey Steve!

Thanks! Started testing...

How did you install the drivers for the Lasershark in Windows? I used Zadig for the driver installation with libusb-win32(v1.2.6.0). I'm showing connected in device manager with 3 Interfaces, but can't connect in CW. In CW it's showing can't connect to LaserShark. I'm thinking driver issue on my end at the moment? Thanks, Bill

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:15 pm

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Drivers for lasershark board that I'm using. You'll need to install the 3 drivers for the 3 interfaces.