Resin pigments

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chemstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Resin pigments

Postby chemstar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi guys

in Australia we are paying through the nose for resins so im going to try my hand at making some,

i know the basic mix uses sudan 1 for red

but what other dyes are used??

i found a web page when i was starting out that had tested all the colors on the acrylic mix but for the life of me i can not find it now.

anyone know what other pigments are used ???

Finhead

Re: Resin pigments

Postby Finhead » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:13 pm

How are you paying through the nose for Resin? You guys actually have 2 dealers that charge close to the going rate. Canada has no dealers, we get hammered with high shipping and customs so count yourself lucky. ;)

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:23 am

you haven't seen the price of the b9 resin $200 kg

https://www.bilbycnc.com.au/DispCat.asp ... bCatID=113

and the idea of paying an extra $10 for pigment is ridiculous, i bought 500g of resin two colors and postage came out at $75,

to me that is expensive but iv only just found out about gizmo now so that's a better price

either way im still going to make my own resins that way its cheaper than extruded filament,

so does anyone recall seeing a web page dedicated to pigment???

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 am

I see your point on the B9 resin and yes by the time materials hit Canada and we pay the customs charges etc we are paying the crazy high shipping rates your listing as well so I feel your pain.

I can't help on the pigments question but if you formulate your own resin are you willing to share the procedure? Not sure I'd want to or if it would even be viable here but would be nice to know how it's made and what goes into the process. :)

gizmo3dprinters

Postby gizmo3dprinters » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:17 am

Hi Finhead

Thank you for mentioning my website

You guys might also be interested in the software I am developing for CNC machines and DLP 3D printers. I also posted some photos of my prototype version 1 printer, at version 3 by now. Working hard in the hopes to get it done and hopefully rock the world with all the new concepts I built into the machine

Kobus