my DLP build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

my DLP build

Postby hp_ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:42 am

Hi,

yesterday my dlp printer was hummping very nicely, churning out some nice objects.
no active peel system uses here.
software used: CW version rc5 -(all newer versions had a to great cpu load, which made it skip layers)

layer height - 0.1mm
resin subG+
projector used: Acer P1500

i'm still tweaking the over curing though

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtPt7muDwiI
Attachments
polyhydron.JPG
polyhydron

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: my DLP build

Postby Finhead » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:32 am

Nice print and the print in the video looks nice as well.
Any pics or specs of the printer itself, build log? ;) Looks like your using a belt or gear to move the Z? Hard to tell in your video since you have a cloth covering it up.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:50 am

the cloth was there because i put into much resin in the vat :)

yep the printer is belt driven, works really well with the kind of vat design I'm using
largets object printed - 6xmx6cmx6cm - can't wait to print the ironman helmet you printed.

the resin container is now dimensioned on 15cmx10cm - the build plate is 9cmx8cm

didn't make a dedicated build log yet, but i did use your buildplate leveling :)

i'm using a nema17+planary gearbox to provide the torque needed.

cheers,
hp

tom-res

Postby tom-res » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:27 am

that passive release looks like it's working very well. This is the pillow vat design, correct?

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:48 am

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Very nice! For a while I thought about building a belt driven printer and was discouraged by the amount of force needed to release the part from the tray. It seems like your printer works smooth and effortlessly.
On a funny note, for a second I thought you had printed the egg as well! :-D
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

@A2

Postby @A2 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:43 pm

hp_

Please post more info about your belt drive. I'm designing a belt drive, and I would like to know what does, and does not work.

If you were to use only a stepper motor without a gear drive how much torque would you suggest for your 9cmx8cm build plate, and would your torque recommendation scale for a larger build plate?

I'm presently entertaining using two 400 ozf-in stepper motors on the Z-axis, and I would like to eliminate one of the motors. My build plate is 192mmx108mm. I would like to use all of the surface area, so there is going to be a high separation force.

Surface finish of your print looks great, I like the white color, post more pics! Do you think that the belt improves the surface finish?

Tks!

hp_

Postby hp_ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:37 am

Here is my latest print. actually it was an print assignment.

color came out great, the STL file is undetailed, low triangle count :)

Resin: Mixed SubG+ and SubFlex
24 micron xy
50 micron z height
print duration: 30 minutes

hp_
Attachments
ear.JPG

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:11 am

Nice ear. ;)

BTW sent you a PM a few days ago, when you get a chance can you get back to me on that. :)

Clinton

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:16 pm

Sorry Finhead, missed that message, just replied you.

cheers,
hp