resin failure

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
simon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

resin failure

Postby simon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:18 am

Hello everyone,
I have suddenly hit some issues with resin builds not working after about 8mm or so - it can vary.
I have tried to attach photo.
The resin is b9 red very sticky, these were built at 0.03mm in bottom up machine using creation workshop software.
Only recently it seems to have happened, it seems to be happening with other resins as well, maker juice,and spot materials.
The only change I can think of is I have been casting a bit more in the same environment so the ambient temperature has increased.
Thanks Simon

Sorry cannot upload image at the moment, says file type (jpg) not allowed. Its below the maximum.
Attachments
resin failure02.jpg

seasicksinbad

Re: resin failure

Postby seasicksinbad » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:24 am

Something similar happened to me after leaving the resin in the tray for a few days and not putting it back in the container.
It seemed to me like there's an oily component in these resins that separates and creates a non-stick layer.
Try putting any resin you are not using back in the container and shake well before each use.
Hope it helps.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

simon

Re: resin failure

Postby simon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:38 am

Thanks for the thought, whilst I had shaken resins well, put them back into their container, and cleaned the vat, even replace the release film - it is possible contamination from other resins are the problem. So I will replace the vat.
Ta