Ramps Testcode works, CW does not, what to do?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3d-stephen

Ramps Testcode works, CW does not, what to do?

Postby 3d-stephen » Wed May 28, 2014 8:52 am

Hi,

I connected two stepper motors to an Arduino Mega 2560 with a Ramps 1.4 shield. (one for Z, one for X)

After uploading the Ramps Testcode as it can be found here http://reprap.org/wiki/File:RAMPSTestCode.pde
the steppers work fine, they are turning nicely in both directions, also the optical endstops do seem to work.

However once I put either Marlin or Sprinter as a firmware on the arduino, just nothing happens with Creation Workshop.

This is what I tried/did already:

- Define in Marlin/Sprinter And CW the baudrate to be 115200,
- correctly define the Com Port to COM3
- pressed the "connect" icon which to the right of the floppy disk icon
- I switched the "Motors" switch to the ON position
- I tried to send Gcode manually (G0 X12) or (G1 X12) - code is confirmed because it moves to the "sent" area, but no response and nothing moves
- I tried to press the XYZ direction buttons - nothing moves

It can't be the hardware, since the Ramps Testcode makes everything move - I must be doing something terribly wrong, but what?

can anyone help ?
Stephen,
Bachelor Student at LOOXIS France

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ramps Testcode works, CW does not, what to do?

Postby PacManFan » Wed May 28, 2014 10:26 am

The test code is to test to make sure the RAMPs hardware is configured properly, you'll still need to actually configure values in the configuration.h in the firmware for Sprinter/Marlin. Pay close attention to the endstop settings. If they are mis-configured, the motors may not turn at all, or only turn when an endstop is triggered. 90% of the time, that's they problem.
Also, in CW, open the message window at the bottom (under view options in the 3d view) . Also in the manual control window, show the gcode window. When you send a command, it should show the command response. If you're not seeing 'ok' as a response to GCode commands, then there is a communication issue.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Wed May 28, 2014 10:30 am

Yes Exactly what Steve says it's your end stops that are causing your issues. The Z axis or any other axis you have on your machine needs to be homed before it will function properly.
I am just going to upload my modified Marlin firmware to DB, I will post the link when it's up.

Clinton

Barthadesign

Postby Barthadesign » Thu May 29, 2014 5:43 pm

I am just going to upload my modified Marlin firmware to DB, I will post the link when it's up.

Clinton[/quote]

I am also happy to test it the modifed Marlin firmware. Can also you send me?
Lajos

Barthadesign

Postby Barthadesign » Thu May 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Sorry... I found it already

sloxd

Postby sloxd » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:29 am

Is it possible to run Marlin firmware without endstops? At the moment I have working setup with Sprinter but I would like to add servo shutter so I guess I need Marlin. But I just can't make it work....

sloxd

Postby sloxd » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:27 am

It works now! :D I disabled temperature sensors.

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 0 // 0 instead of 1!!

#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0

#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0

#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1