Usable projector list + hacks

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
Praesmeodymium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Usable projector list + hacks

Postby Praesmeodymium » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:55 pm

I didn't see one so if there is one I'm sorry for the duplication.
I see a lot of people wondering if this projector or that one is going to be good for printing...
Post the projector your using and preferably how it was hacked so we can keep a list for the posterity of others.

While I can't say for sure these projectors will make good printers I can say for sure these projectors no longer need the factory bulbs.
this site already has hacks for many projectors Its in french so you may need to have google or something translate for you Their list currently is;

Ezpro 615H

NEC VT560

Philips LC7181

Davis Cinemaone

PHILIPS Astaire LC6281

Mitsubishi SL1U

Infocus X1

Ask c105

PHILIPS Astaire LC6281

Toshiba MT200

3M MP8610

ViewSonic_PJL855

LG RD-JT92

BENQ MP510

BENQ PB 7220

BENQ PE 7700

SANYO Z1

Toshiba TDP P4

Mitsubishi 110U

Sanyo Z2

Sony VPL CX70

Philips LC4445

Davis Cinemaone

Sony VPL ES3

Sharp XR1S

I have modded the ACTO AT-x51 you can find the moding method at http://3djump.blogspot.com/2014/02/dlp- ... light.html

fleming
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Usable projector list + hacks

Postby fleming » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:58 am

Hi,
Thanks for the links... the work of moderating the spam is allowing me to discover new threads....

Here is mine: DELL 2300MP.
I only removed the IR filter and the color wheel. I just bolted the colour wheel in other position (I cannot screw again the front panel, but I don't mind)
The mod for the ballast power supply seem feasible in all the porjectors that I meet before (LCD and DLP), the three optocouplers is quite standard.

The only thing that I cannot find in such page is the suggested bulb replacements... In my TODO list is try with an spare proyector, a xenon lamp (from a car ligth) and its ballast... but this will be in two or three life's... I still need to finish my SLA-DLP printer...

Regards

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:07 am

I am using a lenovo m500 (156w lightbulb and 1700 ansi lumen) (an ancient dlp projector discontinued in 2007)
I had to add a spacer to get the right focal length.

The projector is not particulary powerfull, but i need only 1,5 sec curing time (did not try less than that) to cure the funtodo resin.

dsprinters

Postby dsprinters » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:14 am

I have bought Optoma HD25E projector with 1920 x 1080 resolution.
i want to print maximum build area to print with this projector.
i have got 1 calibration grid pdf file http://b9creator.com/downloads/CalibrateGrid.pdf

but i am not sure how to calculate the distance between projector and vat base using this pdf.

Can any one me with the distance between projector and vat base how to calculate that ?

Thank You

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:30 am

You wont be able to use that PDF for your HD projector.
But to get a rough estimate on projector the VAT distance you can use the distance calculator on projector central, it was within .5cm for my projector then fine tune with your focus/zoom. The calc says for your projector it would be 31cm so I would start at that point and fine tune.

BTW just to add to the list as I do not see it there.
Acer H6510BD works right out of the box no hacking involved.

cseys

Postby cseys » Mon May 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Does anyone have an idea how many lumens you need to be able to cure the resin? Looking into low cost pico projectors but I am not sure what I have to look for.

Thanks!

hp_

Postby hp_ » Mon May 19, 2014 4:35 pm

i hear arround ~2200 lumen

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon May 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Tue May 20, 2014 4:17 am

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue May 20, 2014 7:10 am

it means that this type of projector emits the right wavelengths to cure the resin :)