autodesk open source dlp resin printer

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

autodesk open source dlp resin printer

Postby hp_ » Wed May 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Autodesk - the leading 3D modelling software-maker - is going into hardware with its own 3D printer.

Chief executive Carl Bass revealed the news ahead of an appearance at the MakerCon conference in California.

In addition to selling the machine, Autodesk will also allow other manufacturers to make their own versions of the printer or power their own models off its software at no cost.

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: autodesk open source dlp resin printer

Postby Finhead » Wed May 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Saw this earlier looks like a nice printer, I really dig the way they did the peel. A larger picture in case anyone wanted to see it up close.

Clinton

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Wed May 14, 2014 8:25 pm

So how do they do the peel? Am I missing some photos somewhere?
@AndersonHTa

Liquid Garden

Postby Liquid Garden » Wed May 14, 2014 9:17 pm

This picture will let you see it more clearly:

http://inthefold.autodesk.com/.a/6a017c ... f22970b-pi

Looks like an adaptation of the B9's slide but with no waterfall. I think at least one other person on this site was playing with a similar rotating vat.

I'm curious if they use a film or PDMS. Also I think it is laser based and not dlp as mentioned in the thread title.

Edit: Unless they didn't bother to add the lead screw to their render could this also be one of the first (maybe the first) uses of a threadless lead? Or maybe a magnetic linear servo? Both seem highly unlikely for either accuracy or cost reasons but it doesn't seem like Autodesk would produce a less than perfect render.

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Thu May 15, 2014 1:40 am

OK, I think I see it now. Given the contour of the vat, the cylindrical form factor of the machine and the shape of the build platform, that makes sense. Rotation around the center and so on...

I'll post more photos when I get to look at it in person...well if I can. :)

And it IS DLP, NOT laser.

The leadscrew might also be in the back...we shall have to wait and see.
@AndersonHTa

hp_

Postby hp_ » Thu May 15, 2014 4:42 am

cool pictures.

do i see it clearly, 2 vats?

hp

Liquid Garden

Postby Liquid Garden » Thu May 15, 2014 6:12 am

I can see now that the screw might be hidden behind... if it is, does it have 3 linear shafts?!

I thought it might be laser based as the BBC story mentioned laser curing. Very interesting if it is DLP-based.

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Thu May 15, 2014 4:43 pm

I think there is just one vat in the pic, but the design definitely lends itself to the carousel approach found in one of the papers I posted on this forum.

I'm just going to stop speculating until I see the machine in person.
@AndersonHTa

@A2

Postby @A2 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Looks to me like their using a Uni-Guide, and a lead screw.

http://www.pbclinear.com/Uni-Guide-Linear-Slide-System
Attachments
ScreenHunter_595 May. 23 19.56.jpg

kurt_dlp

Postby kurt_dlp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Rotation for peeling patented, it seems.

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20121211- ... -7500.html

Hi guys Come visit #dlp3dprinting on IRC