my build!

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
IrgendwerAusIrgendwo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

my build!

Postby IrgendwerAusIrgendwo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Hey,

Many thanks to all of you - helped me a lot to develop my machine.
Designed fully in Solidworks and should be ready in a few weeks.

# rails: 16mm and linear bearings
# 16mm ball screw with 5mm pitch
# 30x30mm aluminium rods
# Acer H6510BD
# Arduino board with stepper shield
# 1:14 Nema 17 for the ball screw, the standard Nema 17 for tilting and the servo for the shutter
# 3d printed parts done my my RepRap (the black parts)
# laser cutted 2mm Aluminium parts (not shown)

So far the rails and the ball screw are only mounted but not aligned - that's why the're tilted
Attachments
20140414_220353_.jpg

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: my build!

Postby Finhead » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Looks like a nice sturdy build. Your Projector might not like to sit on it's side like that unless that is not how it's being mounted?
And I'm sure you know but just to be double sure, the printed parts are PLA? The resins do not like ABS at all, like I say sure you knew this but doesn't hurt to be sure. :)

Clinton

IrgendwerAusIrgendwo

Postby IrgendwerAusIrgendwo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:12 am

Attachments
20140415 _1.PNG
backside

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am

I was not meaning that you wouldn't mount your projector solid that was not question. What I meant is that projectors are designed to be mounted in a few ways flat or upside down. Laying a projector on it's side like you have it may impact the way it cools the bulb or the electronics, which is why I say it may not like it you could overheat or you could be fine. It's just not how the projector was intended to be mounted.

Clinton

IrgendwerAusIrgendwo

Postby IrgendwerAusIrgendwo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:42 am

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 pm

That may or may not work, really has to do with the orientation of the bulb. It might be fine at that angle it might not, with the way you have it mounted the bulb is firing pretty much straight down and not on it's side as it's designed to. Just pointing it out is all.

Clinton

adambx

Postby adambx » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi!

I assume you're from Germany ;)
Do you use Borosilicate for the Vat? If so...do you have a reliable source that ships to Germany?
How about the mirror?

I would be cool if you shared price and source for those components :)

Thanks,

Cherrs,
Adam

IrgendwerAusIrgendwo

Postby IrgendwerAusIrgendwo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Attachments
20140420_191931_.jpg

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:59 pm

You can't use a reg mirror for this application you need a first surface mirror or you will get a double image or ghosting about 2mm out from your original projection.

Clinton

adambx

Postby adambx » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:02 pm

this may sound like a rather stupid question..but what is the shutter used for? Block light from projector startup phase?

Cheers!