Little RP2 - Print Height

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GFJwatches
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Little RP2 - Print Height

Postby GFJwatches » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:07 am

Howdy everyone,

I had an issue of someone plugging the stepper driver in the wrong way. (blowing up no only the stepper driver but the uno also).

I have put GRBL version 0.8a on with the following settings:

GRBL .8a Values for LittleRP w/o Tilt
$0 = 200.00 (steps/mm x)
$1 = 200.00 (steps/mm y)
$2 = 200.00 (steps/mm z)
$3 = 30 (microseconds step pulse)
$4 = 200.00 (mm/min default feed rate)
$5 = 200.00 (mm/min default seek rate)
$6 = 0.10 (mm/arc segment)
$7 = 255 (step port invert mask. binary = 11111111)
$8 = 25.00 (acceleration in mm/sec^2)
$9 = 0.05 (cornering junction deviation in mm)

The issue im now having is the prints are squished flat.

Also there seems to be a very small potentiometer on the Stepper Driver am i meant to adjust this?

Please help me!

Thank you.
Attachments
IMG_1875.JPG
The flat prints - Side view

goopyplastic

Re: Little RP2 - Print Height

Postby goopyplastic » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:19 pm

the LittleRP2 / TMC2100 driver uses 400 steps per mm for Z axis (1/16 microstepping). The values listed on the littlerp.com website are for a standard DRV8825 driver in 1/8 microstepping mode, hence why it is 200.

You should be able to change this value by $2=400 in the GRBL console window, and will have the effect of doubling your print heights :)

GFJwatches

Postby GFJwatches » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:52 am

Thank you, So i have changed the value to $2=400 in the GRBL console - Now the printer prints for a while and then lifts really high and stops is no longer in the liquid.

I don't really understand how its possible or what im doing wrong. :(

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:18 pm

- Are you using CW? Which version?
- After slicing can you click on the view gcode and email me the contents, or put on google drive or box or something?
- Also feel the stepper driver on the controller board with a finger during a print (ground yourself on something metal first, like a t-slot leg), is it getting hot?
- Can you post all your GRBL values? $ will list them?
- Does it work for awhile, then do this? Or does it do this right when you start printing?
- Can you jog the z axis both up and down in CW, or by using the console? G1 Z10 G1 Z0 etc.. or G1 Z10 G1 Z-10 (if using relative mode, ie. inside of CW).
- If possible, can you take a short video of it doing it?