MonoWare Lite - Slicing and control software for resin printers

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
cooly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MonoWare Lite - Slicing and control software for resin printers

Postby cooly » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Another update is available on the online store.
https://www.monoprinter.com/products/monoware-lite

**** MonoWare 0.1.010 change log (06.07.2017) ******
- Support contact size control during placement (E or W keys)
- Flip copies of support generation x, y, and xy (F key)
- Pixel dimming (Full version only)
- G-code outputs for Grbl firmware (0.8a, 0.8c, 1.1)
- Known bug: Windows 10 crash during start when mouse is on the 3D view. Move the mouse outside and it will start normally. This issue will be resolved soon.

Hey Corey,
I've implemented Grbl 0.8a firmware g-codes too, but I'm not sure if this works okay with LittleRP2 since I can't test myself. Please let me know if the codes work fine or generate some issues.
To work with LittleRP2 properly, you should change the screw rod information and COM port baud rate as shown below.
LittleRP_setting.PNG
LittleRP_setting.PNG (17.48 KiB) Viewed 17788 times

Thanks.
Yun

cooly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cooly » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:09 am

Seems like the crashing issue at start has gone since I've compiled on Windows 10 machine. Previously I did it on Win 7 machine. If you have any issues, please let me know.

Thanks.

danthehuman

Postby danthehuman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:24 am

Are you able to make this work with Marlin firmware, with the ramps 1.4 board on it?

cooly

Postby cooly » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:10 am

I've not studied G-codes of Marlin, but basically its commands should be similar to Grbl except some feedback messages from firmware. Do you want to control other than z-axis?

danthehuman

Postby danthehuman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:46 pm

It would be great if you can get it to talk to the marlin firmware, I've tried it with your lite version, and it moved the z axis once and stopped responding.

Other axis would be great, I have a top down printer, I've mounted the dlp projector on a y axis controlled carriage, so I can control the physical zoom and pixel size, instead of relying on the projectors zoom.

And I am setting up the x axis for a wiper, to remove the excess resin between the print layers, after the build plate returns to the next build height after dunking the print.

Currently I'm using creation workshop to control it all, but I'm finding it limited with unable to import slices from other software, that handles hollowing and large area shading better.

cooly

Postby cooly » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:36 pm

That's because the feedback message/commands are different between Grbl and Marlin. If you can upload Grbl instead of Marlin, you can check if this is correct or other things make them not working.

I may implement the ability of custom code injection between each layer like other control softwares.

Can you check if Grbl is working with your system first? I'll implement Marlin version when I find a time, and then add custom code part later.

If you have any comments and feedback about model handling and slicing, please let me know them too.

Thanks!

danthehuman

Postby danthehuman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Currently I have the marlin software tuned quite well for the printer and I'm adverse to changing it, when I can just wait to test it when you get around to adding support for marlin.

I have a top down printer, and my biggest issue at the moment is controlling the surface of the liquid and light exposure, any exposures of greater than 3-5 mm in width, is resulting warping, also this is compounded with by the surface tension of the resin I'm using.

A few ways I'm trying to deal with these issues are, hollowing and meshing before slicing, a mechanical wiper to make a pass between each layer, lower the viscosity of the resin by adding heat (currently I have my build tank sitting in a little chip deep fryer, with cooking oil for the thermo link, 2500 watts gets the resin vat up to temp of 30Deg pretty quick)

I was looking forward to testing out your mesh / hollowing functionality in your software, but I would have to purchase a full license, just to test, this is a bit of a turn off, as so far I've gone through a number of different slicing and control programs to get this far, if you fully enabled all the functionality and just put a time limit on it, then I could test it fully.

cooly

Postby cooly » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 am

I've quickly scanned the G-codes of Marlin, but there seems no real-time feedback about stepper position. I've used this scheme to track the current position of steppers with my own firmware or Grbl. I may need to study a little more so that support for Marlin may take some time.

Regarding time limited version, I'm thinking what's the best approach to adopt MonoWare in the community. I will post about any new information about software.

Thanks!
Yun

danthehuman

Postby danthehuman » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:45 pm

How are you getting on with the marlin version?
Also is there the option for a wiper, on say the X or Y axis that can run once the Z axis has finished moving?

cooly

Postby cooly » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:51 am

Hello Dan,

I'm working on a new product now, so it will take some time to update the software for supporting Marlin. Will find a time to do it soon.
Regarding extra axis, I will use couple of more motors for my products, so I will try to support those additional motions through Grbl or Marlin.

Thanks!