Ez3dx X5.5s - 2k lcd SLA component questions

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
Shadowkat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ez3dx X5.5s - 2k lcd SLA component questions

Postby Shadowkat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:19 pm

I have been doing a bit of a tear down to see about doing upgrades. First off a bit of background, this printer was advertised as being very similar to the proniks 2k sla printer with a raspberry pi. As it turned out, it did not have the raspberry and the firmware doesn't even really use gcode so you are such running prints through their software. It's inconvenient but not all bad. I still haven't dialed in my exposure times, and I'm a bit new to sla. I've been working with makerjuice white and have been getting things to set at 15 sec. My biggest problem is things sticking.

Opening the machine there are to main boards. The typical driver board for 2k 5.5 screen you see beings sold for VR. The other is custom board apparently.
IMG_0845.JPG

The upper corner the website http://www.ez3dx.com is written and this board is version 0.2. The site did not exist when I tried it.

The three major surface mount chips all show damage, or chemical residue?, similar to this. This is next to the USB port so I am assuming it's an ch340 chip based on drivers I needed to install.
IMG_0759.JPG

I'm pretty sure its arduino based but that is about the CPU part.

The 3 headers in the bottom left corner are the fan screen, fan case and optical endstop from left to right. The upper left is the power to the UV led array. There is a trimpot here, presumably to adjust the sourced current to the led. Upper right is the power input and it has been disconnected. Lower right is the stepper.

Lastly is this array of leds, it's 5x8 and attached to an aluminum heat sink. Original many where covered in brownish compound I assume was a themal compound. I don't know anything more.
IMG_0799.JPG

I'm making a few assumptions here, like the trimpot, and have no documentation. Any ideas about the leds? Figure out what wattage they are? If they where 1 watt led, this would be a 40 watt array. Is an array like that inefficient compared to a sing COB led? Would it something else like the leds are PWMed down from their max.

Suggestions on how to proceed? Anything other pics or that might be need or wanted? Thank you all very kindly in advance.

Kassie
"Did I build this? As in this incredibly awesome thing!"
"So.. um, you kinda just 'printed' someone else's creation."
"That must be clairvoyance? It seems I rival the gods"

What will 3d do for you?

Shadowkat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ez3dx X5.5s - 2k lcd SLA component questions

Postby Shadowkat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:48 am

Continuing with the tear down.

The power supply outputs 24volts at 5 amps. I know think the area of the main board where the toroidal inductor and capacitors is a buck converter for the fans and LCD. The LED power is coming off opposite any the large heat sinker part and is grounded to the USB. This seems like bad practice if the leds are above 5volts, from a voltage isolation standpoint, is this a problem? Also discovered so heat sinks held on by double sided duct tape? Is this legit?

Returning to the leds, I took them off the heat sink to see the underside. It is straight aluminum. I don't what the tracings are or how to test it yet. I woder if it's getting a straight 24v and a mosfet is powering it, or whatever is under the heatsinks.

Lastly, a few more pictures of the slain beast. The vat is a flex vat and has dieing resin to trace its life exposed (ok, I just forgot to save it in an amber pump jar).
Attachments
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG
IMG_0768.JPG

What will 3d do for you?

jarekk

Postby jarekk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi,

I have ordered this one ( have not got it yet):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/11-11-P ... 26aabf0730

and it looks very similar to yours ( you can see EZ3DX on pictures)
I will share once I get it.
Were you able to confirm UV led parameters ? ( BTW. Aluminium PCBs are not that exotic - see e.g. http://www.amitroncorp.com/printed-circ ... minum.html ) . I am not sure what is better ( single led or array), but array is cheaper (both leds and supply circuits, also does not need lenses)

jarekk

Postby jarekk » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:45 am

Ok,

Got it and played a bit. Mechanically very good one but....
It has (unfortunately) custom software which is not compatible with any Open Source.
The software is not finished (!), does not have matching documentation and it is actually bunch of crap.
I got some documentation, so it could potentially be driven under e.g. nanoDlp, but you are on your own.

I decided to sell it and bought T1000 from G3D

kostyo

Postby kostyo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:51 am

Repaired and works great ..
Last edited by kostyo on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

kostyo

Postby kostyo » Sat May 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi all

How can you easily convert this printer to a DLP?

Shadowkat

Postby Shadowkat » Sat May 06, 2017 6:52 pm

I know it's been a while, but I've been making slow progress on this machine in my spare time. I have a FDM printer and laser cutter taking up my time as well.

I don't think this would retrofit to a dlp printer to easily or not easily enough to justify the purchase of this machine. When you consider that you will need new electronics and your dlp project, before we start talking about the upgrades. You would be much better looking elsewhere.

The strongest asset of this machine is that it seems to have an array of 40 1-3watt uv leds that are driven on 15-20 volts (8 rows of 5 leds in series) on a fair large heat sink. They are under powered out of the box. I still need to experiment more to say how serviceable the machine is as an LCD printer.

What will 3d do for you?

jarekk

Postby jarekk » Mon May 15, 2017 4:16 am

I have a student which configures the machine for nanoDlp - so it will be finally usable.

If you need the protocol:

Serial port: 9600 8N1

EZ3DX control code reference v0.1

A/a\n version info and z postion
g+number\n goto numer/1000 mm. g1000, goto 1mm
K/k\n gohome
O/o\n open fan
C/c\n close fan
L/l\n open UV LED
M/m\n close UV LED
N/n\n goto middle pos
S/s\n stop motion
Z/z+number\n set speed,from 1 to 100, z80 ,set 80% of highest speed

mandrea

Postby mandrea » Mon May 15, 2017 3:34 pm

@Jarekk

Thanks very useful, i tried nanodlp in effect it works, i just do not understand how to do the code read nanodlp instructions for printing

jarekk

Postby jarekk » Fri May 26, 2017 5:55 am

Hi,

It is a bit tricky for the Chinese driver as it does not use G Codes.
But it is still possible - nanoDlp is very configurable.

The only thing not easilly possible is to get is "end of movement" message, so there are delays instead.

Note that the resolution is 1440 x 2560 , XY resolution 47.5um
I have also fixed motor speed (100% "z100" or homing and 20% for other movements "z20" )

Start of Print Gcode
------------------
z100
[[Delay 0.5]]
k
[[Delay 30]]
o
[[Delay 3]]
l
[[Delay 2]]
z20
[[PositionSet 0]]
-------------------

Print Stop Gcode
-------------------
m
[[Delay 5]]
s
[[Delay 10]]
c
[[Delay 3]]
g40000
-------------------

Shutter Open Gcode
-------------------
l
[[Delay 0.5]]
-------------------

Shutter Closed Gcode
-------------------
m
[[Delay 0.1]]
-------------------

GCODE Before Each Layer
-------------------
[[Delay 0.11]]
g{floor ( ([[LayerPosition]] - [[CurrentPosition]])*1000)}
[[Delay {abs ( ([[LayerPosition]] - [[CurrentPosition]])*1.5)+0.1}]]
[[PositionSet [[LayerPosition]]]]
[[Delay 0.13]]
-------------------

GCODE After Each Layer
--------------------
[[Delay 0.11]]
g{floor ( ([[LayerPosition]] - [[CurrentPosition]])*1000)}
[[Delay {abs ( ([[LayerPosition]] - [[CurrentPosition]])*1.5)+0.1}]]
[[PositionSet [[LayerPosition]]]]
[[Delay 0.13]]
--------------------
Attachments
3.png
2.png
1.png