lcd3dprinter

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: lcd3dprinter

Postby hp_ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:17 pm

some nice lcd dimensions and ppi and micron displayed.

https://www.sven.de/dpi/

cheers,
hp

dpizzle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby dpizzle » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:27 pm

I think this might be the first LCD printer available for purchase. Resolution and build size might not be the best, but it's LCD and it looks like it works.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/82 ... e-3d-print

Glacian22

Postby Glacian22 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:40 pm

Huh, good for them for getting their printer going! That resolution though, yeesh...328 micron pixels.

Barill

Postby Barill » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:48 am

Wow, graeat project

Thank you Dpizzle for sharing !

gmoneyphx

Postby gmoneyphx » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Another way to say "Resolution and build size might not be the best..." - is "Resolution and build size are the worst". As long as you need lots and lots of poorly printed rooks then you are set. I mean as a proof of concept - great. Clearly some work was done and that contributes to the overall body of knowledge. As an educational/toy 3d printer - also great. But sold as a "real" 3d printer - not so much.

Also, talk of 390 nanometer layer height reduces credibility to ZERO. Not almost zero - but actually all the way down to zero.

What next? Somebody claiming their 3d printer is capable of printing optics????? :twisted:

AmazingJas

Postby AmazingJas » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:13 am

I funded it. Mostly just to get a look at how theyve solved some things as it seems its polished and is the shape of things that could end up in the average home. I think we should be able to learn from it. The x/y resolution suggests they are using a fairly low resolution lcd. I think its driven by a raspberry pi, so hopefully the lcd might be upgradeable to produce better results. Could be very hackable/improvable.
Pity the eta is April (probably later realistically), this community will probably solve the bigger issues before then. Still a step in the right direction as lcd printing will almost certainly become the defacto standard in the future.

Phife

Postby Phife » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:18 am

I think they chose that small LCD because its monochrome, I dont think it will be so easy to swap out for something larger, not impossible, but not just a matter of getting a larger LCD in their case. Mostly cause they are using the regular kind of 5mm LED, not high power LED's and no lenses. The array is probably not powerful enough to work through a regular LCD.

cncbasher

Postby cncbasher » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:21 am

sounds to me a company that files patents , then waits for others to develop , and then they snaffle it under patent as everyone seems to be doing these days
vapourware comes to mind
however i'm an engineer so everything is possible , unless proven wrong

Max

Postby Max » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:12 am

Has anyone gotten any success with LCD? I was thinking of using tablet lcds but I'm not sure how I can connect it to a pc.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 pm

gmoneyphx,

have a look here...

cheers,
hp