Many questions!!

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CVMIchael
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Many questions!!

Postby CVMIchael » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:13 pm

I want to make a top-down SLA 3D printer using a DLP Projector, but before I start, I have a LOT of questions.

What I am trying to find out is what is involved when you want to 3D print with SLA printer. Everywhere people post the end result, but not how they got to that result.

Can someone describe the FULL process of printing an object? (including preparation, and after printing the object)
Slicing, what software you use?
How you calibrate the 3D printer? what software for that?
How you store the resin? Do you empty the printing container after each print? (for storage)
How do you clean the container(s), is water enough? (or you have to use chemicals?)
Does the resin smell? Constant smell, or only when you 3D print?
Do you have a vent because of the smell?
Does the resin get dirty? do you have to filter it once in a while? (and how?)
Do you rinse the object into some chemical after it's 3D printed? (or just use water?)
Do you put the object into another chamber to finish curing with UV light?
How dangerous it the resign? If you have kids around, what precautions you have to take?

I think you got the general idea of what I want to know... is there anything that I need to know that I did not think of?

lasersafe1

Re: Many questions!!

Postby lasersafe1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:20 am

Each of your questions is answered within this forum if you take the time to read through the posts. This forum is not very active these days, so you may not get a response to such a broad set of questions.