Question about resin tray.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
reluttr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Question about resin tray.

Postby reluttr » Tue May 17, 2016 11:57 pm

Has anyone tried using a hydrophobic coating like neverwet in their resin tank?

I'm curious how it might affect the adheasion of the resin to the tank itself... because the resin SHOULD just bead up on top of the coating... meaning if you calibrated your build platform correctly, you might be able to take advantage of this effect and get a LOT less suction force when printing.

SlowSL

Re: Question about resin tray.

Postby SlowSL » Wed May 18, 2016 2:47 pm

I just thought about that while I was at Menards last week. I was going to purchase a can to try out, but when I looked up reviews it said it dried to a foggy clear. I figured I'd hold off and find a brand that dried clear. I'm curious to know if someone has tried it.

dangre

Re: Question about resin tray.

Postby dangre » Thu May 19, 2016 8:29 am

This topic was discussed before with less than stellar results. Search the old topics...
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP