PDMS Breathe

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Max
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PDMS Breathe

Postby Max » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:10 am

Hi

I've seen than some users, let the pdms breathe after some layers. How can I determine the breathe time and also the number of layers?
If I use FEP do I need to let it breathe? And what is the life time of FEP?

redonix76

Re: PDMS Breathe

Postby redonix76 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Hello,

for PDMS, all you need to do (if yo dont have a wiper system) is to pause the print, lift it and use some thing that fits the x or y of your vat and wipe across it a few times to let the PDMS get some air. Do it slow enough so that you can see through it. This seems to work well and you'll have less lift pressure. I tend to do this every 2 hours for longer prints if I'm around lol.

FEP, is not oxygen permeable. It's a totally different style of release and only replies on non-stick and hydrophic nature of the material. The lift suction will be more or less depending on the exposure time and print surface contact amount. that's why it's always a good idea to hollow out prints if possible or tilt 30+ degrees to minimize the vacuum effect.

I have both so make sure you know try out which resin o types of print works best with each type of vat material.

good luck!