I can not move manually the motor in CW but the printer works, why?

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
torla91
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I can not move manually the motor in CW but the printer works, why?

Postby torla91 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:28 pm

hi folks, i would like to move the motor of the Z axis through the CW tool for homing the build plate, but unfortunately nothing works, i can not figure out why, in fact my 3d printer is working almost good, the commands sent by a clik are not executed by the motor!
WHY?!?!?!?!
thank you in advance.

nc42
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I can not move manually the motor in CW but the printer works, why?

Postby nc42 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:35 am

Couple if things:

First couple are a bit obvious but make sure you've hit the connect button... Then in the control screen motors are turned on.

After that the biggest thing I can think of is on my machine the platform will only move up until I home the z axis to the limit switch at the top

torla91

Postby torla91 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:09 am

Yes, connecting the machine the motor moves but it not do only 10mm but it start moving without stopping. Another problem is tha during the preinting the built plate does not move 5mm as i choosed and set in the arduino code, it moves down 1mm independently by my settings. I really dont know where modify my system.

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:25 am

What electronics (board and stepper drivers) and what firmware?

torla91

Postby torla91 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:59 pm

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:45 am

if your screw is a 10x3 it should move 3mm for every rotation or 3.33 revs per 1cm.

I'm not familiar with using that firmware. You might look at changing to marlin or which can be setup pretty easily then you will be able to set layer heights and lift parameters in CW and not have to change your firmware to do so.

torla91

Postby torla91 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:38 am

ok, now i will lokk how to move to another sw. does Marlin requires a particular hardware? i have an arduino and some custom electronics so i prefer to mantain my boards.

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Marlin works on arduino. You can choose from one of the preset 3d printing boards then match the pins for your stepper driver to that.

torla91

Postby torla91 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:05 pm

And what about creation workshop + GRBL?? I prefear GRBL because i can also use the board to drive a hipotetyc CNC or 3 axis system.
Do you think that i have to do some modifications to CW to make a correct connection with GRBL.??

torla91

Postby torla91 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:04 am

[SOLVED] i flashed my arduino with GRBL and now CW is working completely! thanks for the support.