Acer P1283 mods

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nalmeida
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Acer P1283 mods

Postby nalmeida » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:22 am

Hi there,

I did my modifications on the Acer P1283 yesterday but I have some questions

I already put the M4 spacers in the lens and now I can focus in the vat easily.
Should remove the UV filter?

Also, when I move the lens assembly forward 3mm the zoom screw/ring only moves a little bit (4mm) to each side, is the zoom screw/ring needed to set the image up or can I just leave it there at the center and work with the focus ring?

Thanks for your help.

Mariraja

Re: Acer P1283 mods

Postby Mariraja » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi Nalmedia,

I am using the same projector, haven't got a print yet. Were you able to fix the problem?

With the zoom knob problem, I cut open a little bit on the top so that I can access the zoom knob but I could not find any effective difference on the image with the zoom knob. Leave it at the centre and work on the focus ring. I am using M3 spacers though.

Regards,
Bimmer

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:05 pm

I've been printing without problems since then. Can you see a focused image on the bottom of the vat?

Mariraja

Postby Mariraja » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Yeah I focused a image under the vat and I figured I didn't calibrate properly after that it was fine. Got my first print yesterday.

Mariraja

Postby Mariraja » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Yeah I focused a image under the vat and I figured I didn't calibrate properly after that it was fine. Got my first print yesterday. After getting the part did you cure it?

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Yes, I cure it in a uv nailer curer/oven that I bought in a chinese store for $20. It usually takes 20 minutes to cure. It has 4 x 9w uv lights.