FASTER THAN CARBON PRINTER

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
SIDRANA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FASTER THAN CARBON PRINTER

Postby SIDRANA » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:22 pm

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 6.08.05 AM.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNZ1hTTGT4E

http://3dprintingindustry.com/2016/01/0 ... -ces-2016/

http://www.tctmagazine.com/3d-printing- ... ng-at-ces/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZV8jSuTeGI

http://www.designboom.com/technology/ma ... ubscribers

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 7.07.17 PM.png
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nx1/nx1-the-first-fast-3d-printer
The NX1 introduces a new concept of 3D creation:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-12-25 at 7.36.19 AM.png
Last edited by SIDRANA on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:10 am, edited 11 times in total.

mr.thanduc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: First Fast 3D Printer?

Postby mr.thanduc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 am

Layer Thickness
up to 200 micron for Sequential Phase or Continuos

<<< @_@ what?

http://www.nexa3d.com/tech-specs/

Fridolin

Postby Fridolin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Clickbait much topic naming but nevertheless interesting.
I like that besides the whole "our printer is good" blabla ther also is a nice explanation of how its working.
model.PNG

Strongly reminds me of viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2214
I suggest moving this topic to the Commerical Machines section.

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Hello; Dear Fridolin;

Thanks for your very informative Link, As per you good suggestion I have not been able to move this post to the commercial machines section;

liquid layer between glass and resin?
Postby phildlight » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm a complete newb as far as DIY SLA goes, but I'm either going to build or buy one soon. As I've been reading the discussions I understand the issues w/ the bottom up type DLP builds. For me though, the issue w/ resin level in a top down setup renders it inadequate IMHO. So while looking all over for teflon coatings for glass I thought about whether a thin (measurable) layer of liquid between the glass and resin would work. Something like mineral oil? Obviously, the vat would have to be steady and I assume there would be displacement issues? Just curious if anyone has experimented with a liquid (I guess it would have to be oil) layer as a way of peeling the build.
User avatarPomeroyB
Re: liquid layer between glass and resin?
Postby PomeroyB » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:51 pm

I haven't heard of any such thing... It'd be difficult, because you want the interface between the clear liquid and the resin to be completely binary -- no mixing of the two whatsoever.
phildlight
Postby phildlight » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:16 am

Agree on the mixing issue. As someone who's never messed with the resin before, I don't even know how it reacts with oils. I would think the issue might be with displacement when the build surface pushes the resin down whether it would push the oil out of the way and render it useless. So even if the resin and oil don't mix, that would probably be the killer. Just curious is all.
dangre
Postby dangre » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:38 am

I like the term binary. ;) We are talking about trying to get accurate, flat resolution down to microns and trying to get that with a sloshing mix of resin and oil doesn't seem a good solution. The raising and lowering of the build plate creates a turbulent flow to liquids.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

Best Regards;
Saeed

dangre

Postby dangre » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:16 am

I had some silicone oil laying around so I did an experiment. I put a small amount of silicone oil in a container and added MJ SubG. The SubG immediately settled to the bottom. After a short while the mixture was SubG at the bottom/layer of small bubbles/silicone oil. So looking at the NX1 I assume they have silicone oil (at the bottom)/permeable membrane/UV resin. I wonder what the permeable membrane is?
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

Phife

Postby Phife » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:23 am

Did anyone notice that this special oil layer needs to be replaced every 250ml of resin? That seems quite often and probably could add up in cost pretty quickly..

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:06 pm

LSPc Technology Analysis
Posted by NEXA3D
Frequently asked questions
PRINTING SPEED
How do printing times change as a function of layering?
Why does every object have a different printing speed?
PRINTING QUALITY
Are you capable of printing solid objects?
Can you print surfaces and can we see the printing quality?
Does the self-lubricating film affect the resin and the finished printing quality?
RESIN
Can you use the resin more than once?
MISCELLANEOUS
Doesn't the printer have an enclosure?
I will try to describe the process as simply as possible, and there are obviously certain details that we can't divulge because they form part of our trade secret, such as the formulas of our films and resins, and how they are combined. Having said that you obviously need a clear idea of the printing quality that you get with our technology, but I hope you can appreciate how delicate some of this information is.
The answer to many of these questions lies in an understanding of the operating process of our LSPc technology, and especially in the time equation… First of all, you need to understand that our time equation is the result of our method, not the method itself!!
Unlike normal SLA/DLP printers, our printing time involves two speeds: the speed at which the new portion of resin sets (curing time - tp), and we all know about this and it's clear to everybody, and the speed at which the resin penetrates between the self-lubricating film and the recently formed object (refresh time - tb). We need this new parameter because we have dispensed with the tilting system that's typical of other printing methods, so we have to “wait” for the new liquid resin to penetrate! This second parameter depends on many factors, and here is not the place to list them all.
This is why we have a Partially Continuous Sequential System… if the refresh time of the resin is longer than the setting time… the machine has to “wait” for the new layer to get soaked in liquid resin… if, however, the refresh time is shorter than the setting time, the printer can form the object continuously, in other words, without layers!!
So having established that the setting time is constant in relation to the thickness to be solidified, why does our printing speed vary? Why do our videos show objects with holes?
The refresh time depends on many factors, but especially on the dimensions of the individual surface that we have to create for each individual layer… take a look at the example…
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 1.56.01 PM copy.png

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:07 pm

in this case, the speed at which this layer is formed is influenced by the larger surface area; the setting time is the same for all the surfaces, but the refresh time is not. In fact, the larger the largest surface, the longer the refresh time.
When the surface area of each layer is sufficiently small that the refresh time is less than the setting time, we can reach printing speeds of even more than one centimeter per minute… and this is all managed by our software.
If we were to print a smooth, thin, unperforated surface, as we would if we were forming products made of plastics (this is always true, not just for 3D printers), there would be no problem.
Some people have asked me if our technology is capable of printing a solid cube. The answer is yes, but it would be slower (up to 3-4 minutes per cm), it would use a lot of resin … and use a lot of self-lubricating film.
In my opinion, and our software will suggest this to you, a solid cube should be printed in this way, correctly assessing the structural characteristics of the resin… when we build a house, we don't make everything out of reinforced concrete, only the load-bearing structure!!!
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 1.56.20 PM.png

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Over the next few days, we will post a few printed objects with continuous surfaces, stating their dimensions and printing times!! :-)
As for our resins, certainly you can use them more than once. But that's not all. At the beginning of the printing process, our Nx1 fills the tank with resin, makes the object and then empties the tank, all automatically, re-loads the cartridge and is ready for the next print job. The cleaning kit we told you about is an additional accessory that you can use when you want to wash the tank and the resin circuit thoroughly, for example if you decide to change color or type of resin.
I've been told about the problems relating to replacing the bulbs on DLP systems. At our printing speed, you would have to print almost 1.5 km of objects before you used up your 2000 hours of guaranteed bulb life!!!
With regard to the last question about enclosing the printer, let's try and visualize the full-blown revolution we are aiming to set in motion… all those problems that people used to have when it took took 8 or 10 or 15 hours to print an object are a thing of the past… you no longer have the problem of covering the printer with an enclosure… or problems of bulb life! This printing speed truly revolutionizes the concept of 3D printers, even from a technical point of view. If we had not achieved these levels of performance, the design of the NX1 could not have been what it is either!!
Our aim and our dream are still the ones we established for our launch… we want to change people's perception of what a 3D printer is… and in our opinion, it should be fast, smart and affordable!!
Heart red3x 3134f4a39cd7f811af060f497e853898881055b8524f3b5d8bc8bad4e7725de3 Like
Comment on Kickstarter

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:55 am

Newpro3D Super Fast 3D Printer, World's Fastest 3D Printer of the Day | ILI™ Technology
http://newpro3d.com/ili-technology/
Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 9.46.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 9.46.04 PM.png (103.26 KiB) Viewed 27166 times