Difficulty printing holes!

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nalmeida
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Difficulty printing holes!

Postby nalmeida » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Machine: LittleRP
Projector: Acer P1280
Resin: Spot-A GP

Hi there guys, I don´t know if this is a known issue or limitation of DLP 3D printing but I'm experiencing it for the first time.
I want to print a 3 mm diameter cylinder with a 1,2 mm hole that goes through it but the hole doesn't print right, it prints blocked like there's almost no hole at all. It just shows a bit on each side.

Do you guys have any advice on what should I do to avoid this?

Bellow are some pictures of the problem:

Dresine_DLP.jpg

IMG_20151027_172516_1.jpg

IMG_20151027_172534_1.jpg

cardin1

Re: Difficulty printing holes!

Postby cardin1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:06 am

How thick are you slicing ? If it's anything less than 100 micros I would try increasing to it.

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:28 am

I'm printing at 50 microns.

sodium

Postby sodium » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:12 pm

try adding pigments or lower exposure time to avoid light bleeding.

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:07 pm

You could try a darker (more light-blocking) color as well. I've had good luck with red, and I think there's a black resin out there that might work well.

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks for the tips guys.
Since I'm not printing with supports and the top of the cylinder is on face with base I thought the resin might not be escaping from the inside of the tube, once there it might be curing due to light bleed. I'll print it with supports to see if I get different results.