OLO 3D - 3D printing using mobile phone light source

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
android78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

OLO 3D - 3D printing using mobile phone light source

Postby android78 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:30 pm

I just came across which has me extremely curious.
To me, it looks like it mus be using a simple scissor lift to lower a perforated platform from the lid into the resin and just using bluetooth communication with the smart phone app. The real innovation hear seems to be the visible light cured resin. I wonder how long the curing time with phone will be and, if not too long, how hard will the resin be to manage.
Still... something to keep an eye on.

android78

Re: OLO 3D - 3D printing using mobile phone light source

Postby android78 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:16 am

Responding to my own post here. Just thinking that we should be able to get awesome machines by using an ipad and some of the visible light cure resin, so long as it doesn't take forever to cure a layer.

sodium

Postby sodium » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:30 am

:shock: the real innovation is not the resin curing at visible light, nor the phone lcd as point matrix.

dont you ask yourself about the lift mechanism? maybe what they are showing is a proof of concept, and the real printer has at least one nut ...

android78

Postby android78 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Regarding the lift mechanism; one of the pictures I saw showed a perforated plate that appeared to have two points for screw holes:
Another shows fully perforated sheet:
So I'm guessing it has two layers. The top to connect to whatever lift mechanism is used. I'm still thinking scissor lift, to be able to fit it in the lid but it may not be necessary as the build platform is actually quite a bit lower than the bottom of the lid on the outside.

WoodyMeow

Postby WoodyMeow » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:24 pm

I used to be a backer of this project, but I canceled my order because I think this is a fraud project and we will never get our OLO printer.
I strongly suggest that anyone who want back this project should look at their comments and think twice.