Problem: Compiling lasershark with Cygwin64

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mostafaeid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Problem: Compiling lasershark with Cygwin64

Postby Mostafaeid » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:32 am

Hello All,
I have got lasershark board with the two step board, followed the instructions on macpod and updated the firmware, draw a circle successfully! calibrated the galvos drivers, but when I connected the board to work on Creation workshop, it didn't work, and I figured out that it is not reading the board as it doesn't have a port to communicate through. after a little search, I found that I should compile the board using cygwin64 to be able to start working by creation workshop, so I have downloaded the program followed the instructions till the download window, it turned out that the total package about 20 gigabytes!! so what Iam asking for is: what are the required packages to download to program the chip? should I download all the packages as I saw in the instruction video?

FYI: I have setup the program using default configuration, but when I typed in the window of the Cygwin "CM", it said "Command not found".

Please advise

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Problem: Compiling lasershark with Cygwin64

Postby PacManFan » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:23 am

Mostafaeid

Postby Mostafaeid » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:18 pm

well, I got the idea, but I do not know how to program the lasershark with the 3dp software in this link https://github.com/macpod/lasershark_3dp

Leob

Postby Leob » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:00 am

Friends,

I'm starting my SLA project and I have found some small problems I cant get out. Look to this situation:

- LaserShark: board installed, "circle" test working to perfection.
- Arduino Mega + RAMPS 1.4 + MARLIN: installed & working, as well as the communication between CW + Ramps board.

The probem I have is to install CW_LaserShark plugin.

I have downloaded the last version found on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1538&start=10

But I just didn't find the way to activate the Laser plugin. Inside CW, in the plugins window, everything is blocked :shock: .

Does anyone help?

Ahmed_Elnaggar

Postby Ahmed_Elnaggar » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Leob

Postby Leob » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Ahmed,

The link below has a version of the plugin that works for me (thanks Steve). Now LaserShark appears as a display option.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/537 ... 0.0.38.zip

I'm having a problem now with drivers. When I install the drivers for LaserShark interfaces 0, 1, 2. The galvos doesn't make any movement.

I have also tried original LaserShark drivers, manual install and also using zadig. Galvos are stuck, either using CW or the "circle test" from macpod.

The only way I reached to move my galvos is installing the driver with Zadig over LaserShark as a "Composite Device". In this way "circle test" from macpod is OK, but CW still don't shake the mirors....

I'm on Windows 8 64bits.

Does anybody help?

Ahmed_Elnaggar

Postby Ahmed_Elnaggar » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Leob

Postby Leob » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:39 pm