DLP Juice Ultra Tough Low Cost DLP SLA Resin Choice Of 6 Colours

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
mike111
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DLP Juice Ultra Tough Low Cost DLP SLA Resin Choice Of 6 Colours

Postby mike111 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:26 am

hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hp_ » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Mike,

awsome that this new resin is available,
did you have a chance to post more pictures and provide more info on the resin?

cheers,

hp

Hugues

Postby Hugues » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Attachments
settings.jpg

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Are you using 70% IPA? I only use 90%+ and it works great with all of the different resins I've tried so far. I haven't tried this resin yet but maybe something stronger may work better?

Hugues

Postby Hugues » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:29 am

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:59 pm

Quite honestly, I feel you're using too many variations in your exposure time. For me I would just do 5 - 6 layers of over exposure to attach to the build plate then after that it's normal exposure. the more over exposure you have the more the resin will shrink and this could cause warping and other weird issues.

if your supports are not properly attaching to your model, it may be because of over exposure which is shrinking the tiny area that is supposed to be attached to the model. if you can try making the tip of the support larger if that's the issue.

Play around with the exposure time...I feel even though the resin is advertised as super fast curing...there are many variables involved that will changes this.

I've noticed you mentioning that the base feels soft? Since you're over exposing, this shouldn't be the case...so I'm guessing you could have a bad batch? also, how opaque is the resin? too much pigments in the resin will make it too soft... which happened to me with another brand of resin which came out like rubber and never fully harden since I put waaaaaay too much pigments.

Hugues

Postby Hugues » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:17 pm

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:35 pm

hhhmmm...then it seems to like the resin is the problem...it's not curing like it supposed to. you're curing the supports at 10 seconds correct? this should be more than enough cure time for it to form properly...if not, then the resin is bad. did you make sure to shake/stir up the resin before use? Sorry to hear you're having this problem...maybe you can contact them and for suggestions or refund...if possible.