Setting up a new resin profile

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
crenzi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Setting up a new resin profile

Postby crenzi » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Hello there, I have bought a SolidRay machine and I am currently trying to get it to work.

During the setup I was instructed to download a profile optimized for FunToDo resins and place it in the "Profiles" folder. I did, made a few changes in the exposure time and was satisfied with the results.
I then tried to make a new profile to use MakerJuice resin on this printer, but when I try to make a new profile I am not sure what the purpose of the "Resin profile" is. It's just for calibration purposes or is it a separate tab for additional settings?

ferns

Re: Setting up a new resin profile

Postby ferns » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:12 am

Hi Crenzi! I guess is just a new profile of resin you want to use in the machine. (in case you have several types of resins and they all have different settings).

I just bought solidray two weeks ago and I'm still not done finishing it... we're you able to print any object?

Cheers!!

crenzi

Postby crenzi » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:55 am

Please call me Cesare ;)

So the Machine profile changes the machine settings, i.e. everything that's controlled by the controller board, such as lifting the build plate, tilting the vat, operating a shutter, whatever, and the Resin profile relates to the projector, which is controlled by the computer, so exposure, bottom exposure, outlines and such.

As for the SolidRay, I have to say I'm quite happy with it; here's a pic of a couple of prints with MakerJuice (clear) and FunToDo resins (red):

Sample.jpg

As you can see, the Makerjuice resin is still a bit wonky but the FunToDo is fine with the kitprinter3d guys settings.

ferns

Postby ferns » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Hello Cesare,

It's good to know that you have some good results, and you're happy with the printer.

I've allready started printing with the solidray flexvat profiles and my first print came out superb!! My second, third and fourth made me think that I did something "wrong" in the first one... what a mess!! I'm in the 11th test and still thinking that I wan't to start it all over again...

It seems that around the object I print, resin gets also cured in a non uniform way... this happens after printing some layers, the next ones, came out with those surroundings. This made me think that the projector (p1500 acer new), was over exposing the resin... how? well, it sends a strong beam of light with the section shape for some seconds (that seems ok to me) and after it stops. the platform goes up and down... but the thing is that there is still a light coming out from the projector (is this normal?), that could be responsible for the over exposed resin. Do you have any clue about this? does this have to do with profiles?

Cheers,

necdet

Postby necdet » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:24 am

Hello,

May I ask you is there any possibility to run with unother projector instead of Acer P1500 ?

İs it possibile to work Acer 1283 projector

How can I choose ?

Kindly ask help about it

Thank you

ferns

Postby ferns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi "necdet",

The projector needs to be full hd in order to have the best resolution. The p1283 is not... I guess!

Look for FHD projectors! I got mine at amazon.de ...

cheers,
FA

necdet

Postby necdet » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:21 am

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

Would you please let me know Whice FHD projector did you buy from Amazon

May you recommend me unother FHD projector instead of Acer P1500
Acer P1500 is about 1000 euro in my country !!

Thank you

ferns

Postby ferns » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:34 am

Hi necdet,

I didn't buy my projector in my country either. I bought it new from amazon.DE (Germany) for less than 600€... and is working!!!

I hope it helps!

cheers,
FA