[BUILD] My LittleRP clone "Snow White"

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
nalmeida
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[BUILD] My LittleRP clone "Snow White"

Postby nalmeida » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi there everyone, started my build of a LittleRP clone a few days ago. First of all I would like to thanks Brad not only for a great design but also for making all the files available. Kudos.

I live in Portugal so sourcing some items was a bit difficult, I could find the aluminium profiles and the linear guides but had to order the nema motor with the threaded rod from Robotdigg and the PCB directly from LittleRP creator, Brad.The rest I printed and laser cuted in my shop. Mechanics are almost finished, I still have to buy some nuts and bolts because I used what I had available.

Next week is the electronics (crossing fingers with my order on LittleRP store, it would be great if arrived next week).

Further on is the VAT, I'm going to machine a FEP one. I want to thanks Nate (nc42) for helping me understand some of the tricks of this kind of 3d printing.

Here are the photos of my progress so far:

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

nc42
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [BUILD] My LittleRP clone "Snow White"

Postby nc42 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Looks great!

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks Nate.

I'm doing some sketches for the vat. Can someone tell me how deep is the petri dish used in LittleRP?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:55 pm

I hope you 3d printed the parts in PLA and not ABS.

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Yes, parts were printed in PLA, otherwise Snow White would melt :)

Any clues on the question I made above?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:24 pm

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:54 pm

The thermoform dishes are approx .8" from the vat floor to the ridge, and .125" from the vat floor to the bottom, so .925" overall. You can use any vat height so long as it isn't taller than the build plate + arm spacer height ~ 38mm.

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Well, time for an update.

Still waiting for the PCB to arrive from the States and the motor from China, both are on the way here so hopefully this week I can progress a little bit further. The online store where I ordered the Acer 1283 messed up my order and sent me a Acer Travel C205 which is a Led projector and will not fit the project. Now I'm waiting for the replacement :-(

Meanwhile I worked on a vat design, since today I was on the mood I decided to grab some iron and a soldering machine and decided to do a metal vat, I will still print a part with PLA (the bottom part in which direction the FEP will tension). I decided to go with Nate's route and it's the upper part of the vat that will press the film to the bottom, this way the film will be approximately at the same height as the petri dish in the original design.

Here is a picture of the progress, still have to sand it:

flex_vat.jpg

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:29 am

The PCB is here and the motor to, so mechanics are ready, next week will be electronics. I also finished the vat:

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

nalmeida

Postby nalmeida » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Everything put together, software installed and hardware ready, only the resin is missing!

Unfortunately there's still one issue to adress, I have ghosts on the image projected in the vat. There's the main image an then there's 3 or 4 other images! I bought the mirror at a speciality house, it's a regular glass mirror, is this the problem?

IMG_20150903_164146.jpg