Strange problem with base of print

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
jon_bondy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Strange problem with base of print

Postby jon_bondy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:18 am

I have had a problem printing the base of a hollow cylinder. See photo. Surprisingly, there is no problem with the first few layers, but then one side of the cylinder deteriorates. Even stranger, it then recovers.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
IMG_6117.JPG

goopyplastic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Strange problem with base of print

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 pm

This seems to be a problem that is worse with SubSF, it doesn't handle the transition from base layer to normal layer times well for some physics related reason I am unaware of. I suggested to Pacmanfan that maybe we can have an option in Creation Workshop to feather the base layer times into the normal layer times. You can try this by editing the gcode manually and changing the layer times. The other work around it to use a higher layer cure time, or raise the part onto supports.

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Clearly most of the print is fine. The question is why some regions of the print behave differently. Still searching for an explanation...

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:16 am

I created a test grid and printed it. As you can see in the photo, some portions of the build plate are unusable, while others are fine. I am getting by for now by printing in the "good" area, but I wonder what the issue is.

I "had to " shim the right side of the build plate (between the 3D printed fixture and the aluminum rectangle) because the adjusting/leveling screws were not working at all. Could be a bed leveling issue.

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:18 am

No idea why the picture did not appear the first time. Trying again.
IMG_6137.JPG

DanOrgan

Postby DanOrgan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:24 pm

What projector do you use?
There are some people (including me) with Acer P1500, we have uneven exposure issue. Usually, the first base layers are fine, but when it comes to regular layers, there is underexposure and geometry defects.
There is no easy way to fix it, because of construction of the projector itself. But, I hope that software Mask usage will get us good results.

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Thanks! Not sure what "software Mask usage" means.

The most recent print I created was perfect. So long as the prints fit in the "good" area, I appear to be OK

Projector is an Acer H6510BD

Jon

DanOrgan

Postby DanOrgan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:26 pm

In the last version of Creation Workshop, Configure Machine menu, you can find "Enable Mask" option, and use .png image to adjust exposure for some areas of your buildplate to make it even. Check this:

sodium

Postby sodium » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:56 am

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:59 am

Thank you.

Where can I read about this kind of news, so that I need not ask these questions?