Starting a DLP build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
lverigic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Starting a DLP build

Postby lverigic » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi guys im starting a dlp buld, this is my first attempt to build a 3d printer with(kinda) my design. So my plan is to use an old flashforge plywood box for my base, this is how far i have gotten into the design and i don't know if i am exactly on the right track.

Do i install linear glides on the back plate( as pictured)

Or do i keep it FDM printer style (b9 creator) and do it with linear bearrings and smooth rods? A combination?

Thx for the feedback -sorry for my bad english

lverigic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Starting a DLP build

Postby lverigic » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 pm

lverigic

Postby lverigic » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:14 am

lverigic

Postby lverigic » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Okay then, ill give it a try without any feedback, i guess trial and error will have to do :)

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:19 pm

lverigic

Postby lverigic » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:53 am

Hi, i appreciate that, i really needed someone to boost my confidence before i start.... Btw i am using a 1204 ballscrew, will a regular nema 17 be ok or do i need to go with a higher torque variety... ? Thank you :)

sodium

Postby sodium » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:30 am

lverigic

Postby lverigic » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 pm

The guys over at the 3d printer google groups told me that i shouldn't add a ballscrew mount on the other end of it, thay say it would add wobble, any thoughts?

The z axis extrusions are going to be connected directly to the linear rails going through the wood

I am planning to get the back panel laser cut because otherwise i will have to drill the holes for the linear guide rails by hand and i'm afraid i wont be able to do that as precise as the laser will :))
Last edited by lverigic on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lverigic

Postby lverigic » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:21 am

Best case scenario....it comes out looking like this :) That red part is going to be FDM printed, going to leave the ballscrew end umounted and hanging free like that and see what happens. Going to paint it matte black to make the wood look a little better :) Only thing i dont know is how im going to mount the projector on the bottom but that part should be easy to figure out on the spot :)

Off to the workshop! Wish me luck :))

miribota

Postby miribota » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Looks good, be sure to post build photos.

Do you have a plan for your vat yet?