Acer P1500 settings?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
Kochen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Acer P1500 settings?

Postby Kochen » Fri May 01, 2015 6:31 am

Hi again

I'm using the Acer P1500 with my LittleRP and was wondering if others that uses the same projector have played with specific settings in the menu for the projector to get better results, besides focusing on the lens and maybe moving the projector a hole or two backwards?
Kochen, Denmark, Europe

goopyplastic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Acer P1500 settings?

Postby goopyplastic » Fri May 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Users have reported better image projecting by moving to a further back position, I included the acyrilc spacers so you could play with the positioning, generally for every hole you go back you lose 1 acrylic spacer so the projector sits lower, this should keep the image projection centered.

james_lan

Postby james_lan » Sat May 02, 2015 1:46 am

I've got mine of the furthest front. (It's an early m3 not m4 model mount)

I've basically got it on default projector settings. I have noticed that is uneven. Center/right is best left has problems with being underexposed. Not sure if there is anything that can be done. If i crank it up so the left is exposed properly, the right gets overexposed.

Kochen

Postby Kochen » Sun May 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Thanks for your inputs so far.. I hope that I can get the time to play around with settings and so in the next few days..
Kochen, Denmark, Europe

mostlydiy

Postby mostlydiy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:39 am

Kochen,
Were you able to play with the projector settings at all? I have been messing with mine a little bit and am having a hard time finding a good consistent setting. I'm either under or overexposing. I'm using the H6510BD printer and madesolid V2 Red resin. I tried a few of the brighter modes, but got overexposure and bleeding in the center. Just trying to find a good starting point again.

Wonderdog

Postby Wonderdog » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Same issue here - left third of the build plate is underexpoed compared to the centre and right. Makerjuice SF. I'm using a 6510 (P1500 with another name).

Perhaps applying a mask in Creation workshop to the "good" area, and upping the exposure overall would even it out (at the cost of print time)

DanOrgan

Postby DanOrgan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Me too not happy with uneven exposure. At the front part of build volume it is too weak. This model had broken because of it:

But how to make good exposure mask? I saw some kind of light sensor on Envisiontec 3d printers, it was used during calibration. Maybe, we need some hardware too, for this purpose.
Last edited by DanOrgan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:56 pm

I am working on a method to 'map' out the uv intensity variance of these projectors to generate a mask for each model.

DanOrgan

Postby DanOrgan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:22 am

Hi, Goopyplastic. How are you going to measure UV intensity?
I purchased cheap $10 Arduino-compatible UV-sensor from (sorry, Russian site). Maybe it will be useful.

sodium

Postby sodium » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:15 pm