Acer P1500 to start with

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Helmi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Acer P1500 to start with

Postby Helmi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:39 am

Hey all,

i decided to go with a Acer P1500 for my first printer. It looks like a decent projector, is rather cheap in the 1080p class and compact in size. I've ordered one and i wonder if others are already using these projectors and how you modified it.

I also heard about macro lenses that are possible instead of modifying the projector?

Also i wonder what build size is probably the best to go with. I'm a bit more focussed on print quality than on build size but i don't want to go completely small at all. Do you think a resolution of 100 micron is enough? This would make it an ok to rather big size for me with 192x108mm build size.

Thanks for your help!
Frank /

Finhead

Re: Acer P1500 to start with

Postby Finhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:02 am

From looking at specs and pictures this projector looks to be a remodeled Acer H6510BD (I just got mine 2 days ago) but with fewer inputs.
I can't say 100% but that is what all the information I can find points to, if it is indeed the same basic projector you shouldn't have to do any mods at all.
The 2 people I have asked that are printing with the H6510BD have done no mods at all and just use it as it comes out of the box. Which is what I'll be doing next weekend I hope. :)

Clinton

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:55 am

it seems to be connect to the amount of energy is outputed by the projector.

your is 3000 lumens brightness <<-- it seems 2000 Lumen is the threshold to get creation with the resin so looks like your in the clear :)

Helmi

Postby Helmi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:00 am

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

You're right - the P1500 is just a renamed H6510BD - the latter is sold as the white model here in germany, the black one is the P1500 and is (at least at amazon) a few bucks cheaper. I just got it yesterday and am testing it in the living room currently :)

I haven't tried how close i could go with the focus but i'm surprised that i don't have to mod anything there. I thought at least i have to put the lens a bit to the front or use a macro lens.

I'll try that later - there's still some football going on today with my team up and i will surely give focus playing around a test there :)
Frank /

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:12 am

Hi Helmi,

some builders in here use a magnification of 4x..

for example this one..

but for example this blog. didn't mention any modification:

hp

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Helmi

Postby Helmi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:37 pm

I just played around a bit with it today and used a piece of paper to test the project on low distances. I'm quite thrilled that i could go as near as around 10-12cm from the front of the projector and still get a crispy sharp image. I think around 20cm will be my final projection distance for now. This should make it around 20x10cm print size which is a resolution of 100 micron. I hope that's good to start with.

The light power on this low distance is immense - you really have a hard time looking at the image projected that close because it's so bright.

Overall the P1500 looks like a great product so far. It's really small, lightweight, bright/sharp and relatively cheap at the same time.

Next step is to start planning the printer itself. I'm still not sure if going with one or two mirrors would be good to keep a compact build or if this will make it more troublesome than without.
Frank /

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Helmi

Postby Helmi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Yeah a design like yours is my alternative between the two-mirror design and the basic no-mirror-but-really-big way which basically looks good for a first try but the room it takes is not what i'm looking for :)

I'll follow your thread - i'm keen to see how you do the mirror craddle. Also what mirror you use.
Frank /